See naked or be naked

Just came across a forum response that suggested the reason that people go to clothing optional or nudist/ naturist venues is to see naked people. That is so distant from my experience. I don't go to SEE naked people I go so I can BE clothes free and see people who I know or enjoy spending time with. I choose the people I see there not because they are naked but because would like spending time with those them whether they are clothed or not. We just share the common preference to BE clothes free.

Naturists at venues don't want to be ogled or stared at. This is a common misconception. One of the first rules of social nudism is don't stare. Women are made to feel objectified and diminished when guys take this approach and cast surreptitious glances. Look people in the eyes instead.

So do you go to clothes free venues? To SEE naked bodies or simply to BE clothes free

This topic was edited
RE:See naked or be naked

I never go anywhere, so I see naked people. I'm going somewhere to be naked. My hope and desire is that being naked is as normal as being clothed. There is finally the side by side of naked and clothed.

This post was edited

The difference is: You actually 'get it'.

The reason to go to a resort IS to be nude and NOT to see nude people or be seen nude. However, this forum seems to be populated by a bunch of pervs who seem to come here to get their jollies. I just don't get why.

Anyway, as a TRUE nudist, you are visiting a nudist venue for the sole opportunity to relax or do sports or whatever while you are nude. The pervs who frequent this web forum seem to think it is an opportunity to see nude people or show off their genital jewelry. Sick.

This post was edited

I guess people with exhibitionist tendencies go to BE naked.
And people with voyeuristic tendencies go to SEE naked people.

I expect all the exhibitionists and voyeurs to disagree with my opinion.

This post was edited

I'm a person who enjoy my time clothes free and enjoy the ability to do so with others who have the same desire. Do enjoy being seen? Do you ask this question of clothed people? And their response? Do I go to look? Well heck, I look at clothed people all the time. How is looking at nude people different? I rarely stare at clothed people, unless something about them is unique. The same applies to nude people. As with all the population, some views are more pleasing and easier on the eyes than others.

This post was edited

I think true nudists go to be naked but they do enjoy seeing others. Seeing people who FEEL like me - free without their clothes and appreciative of all the differences there are amongst us even though we're all the same. I think is's a little bit of a lie to say that as nudists we don't see other people naked, and if that was true there's be absolutely no need for profile pictures and all of the media on this site. What nudist doesn't love the human form? I love not get naked alone either at home or in nature, but of course it's that much better when you're with others and yes, I see everything. I think the comment is too general - do you go to see people because you love the human form or are you going for voyeuristic reasons - there is a difference.

I think nudists need to stop saying how they never really recognize the other nudists they're with are naked....

Kevin

This post was edited

We visit nude beaches, clubs and resorts to BE naked and BE naked with others who love being the same way! ;D

This post was edited

The pervs who frequent this web forum seem to think it is an opportunity to see nude people or show off their genital jewelry. Sick.
Please take off your judgments with your clothes and let people be who they are, I feel sad to hear this because its hostile just like the textile world.

This post was edited

I guess people with exhibitionist tendencies go to BE naked.And people with voyeuristic tendencies go to SEE naked people.

Absolutely disagree that it is an exhibitionist trait to go to a nudist venue "to be seen.". Like the previous posters I go to enjoy the experience of being nude (Outdoors: hiking, swimming, gardening, etc. Indoors: socializing, eating, bowling, etc.). And the fact that I see other nude people there doesn't qualify as voyeurism.

This post was edited

Please take off your judgments with your clothes and let people be who they are, I feel sad to hear this because its hostile just like the textile world.

I'm not going to cave because you are "sad to hear this" or label it "hostile", snowflake. It is truth, spoken by a True Nudist. Deal with it.

This post was edited

I'm naked because I feel free when I am without clothing.
For example - I went for a naked swim this morning on the non-nudist beach in front of our hotel. I walked down there wrapped in only my towel to avoid offending anybody and removed my towel immediately before entering the water, leaving it a safe distance above the tide-line. I chose a discreet corner of the beach but was quite open in the way I entered and left the water, having ensured that I was not close enough to offend anybody.
I certainly didn't practice exhibitionism and I wasn't there to ogle naked bodies.

When I am on a nudist or clothing optional beach or resort I definitely look at other people just as I do when in town or anywhere else but this is a normal part of human behaviour and has no relationship with voyeurism.

I have no doubt that some people at nude venues are exhibitionists, voyeurs or both but I am equally sure that they are in the same minority as everywhere else.

This post was edited