RE:Why would you go to the effort of

I've been on many CO beaches and the voyeurs have no impact on me. Indeed I enjoy being seen naked. Quite often my friend and I are the ONLY nudes on a CO beach, surrounded by dozens of textiles. Designating them as CO gives us more places where we can get naked without depriving access to the general public. I can't help feeling that if we insisted they are nude-only the authorities would make them clothed-only. It's pushing too far. I have seen opposite reactions on two big European nude beaches: (1) on Maspalomas nude beach in Gran Canaria there is a constant stream of people (several deep) walking along the water's edge past all the naked sun bathers. Nobody cares - it's just taken as normal. And (2) I saw three costume wearing young men hounded off the swinger's end of the nude beach at Cap d'Agde.

I actually prefer CO beaches to nude-only beaches. It allows nudist/textile couples to go on the beach together and it allows would-be nudists to strip off at their own pace, when comfortable. I have visited a few nude-only beaches and found it a difficult rule to enforce.

This post was edited

The nude beach is not like the nudist resort - which has "rules" about nudity. Therefore you have to expect that the nude beach will attract more people with different motivations. So there will be voyeurs, the "merely curious", those who are just accompanying their nudist friend/partner, and people who want to just go topless or wear their micro garment that can't really be worn anywhere else. Some will not get naked; or get naked after several attempts/trips there.

Some nudists appreciate this "melting pot"; others dislike it and some don't care either way. For me personally, as long as the naked/dressed ratio is overwhelming slanted to the "naked side", it doesn't really bother me. And that has most often been the case at most nude beaches I've visited. The last nude beach I visited was Gunnison; and the clothed were barely noticeable in an "ocean" of naked people.

This post was edited

Very good advice - I never thought of it that way, but have experienced it. At a NO location I feel very comfortable. But have had some bad experiences at CO locations, and its the pervs who caused the issues. Thank you.

This post was edited

I can't understand why anyone would wear a micro garment and not feel comfortable nude. Even the speedos and bikinis that are legal at a public beach don't really hide anything.

This post was edited

It all depends on what is on someone's mind, not what is on their body.

Like the majority of the posters here, they aren't here because they are "True Nudists". They are here because they are pervs, voyeurs, exhibitionists, etc. and getting their jollies.

This post was edited