RE: 40 Acre Club

Buck, it really is a nice place. They do have limits on singles there and don't allow very many at a time. They have an annual open house that allows anyone in. Check their website for a date. That might be a good opportunity to look it over. I have been to them 2 or 3 times and have been very impressed with the place. People were very friendly and the facilities are well kept.

This post was edited

I went to the open house in 2017 and had a good time. People were friendly, met up with some friends from the St Louis area that I actually met at Valley View Hot Springs in Colorado. For the 2018 open house, everything I saw published was quite explicit about "females and couples only", so I didn't bother, even though I think I had convinced myself to join. It's a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive each way, which isn't ideal, but not a deal breaker either. I just didn't want to drive there, just to be told "no". Perhaps I'll try again this summer if their date matches up with my availability.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I have been going to FAC for years. First as a single male now most recently with my wife. As a single male I had no problem visiting.

At first I would take day trips. I would call ahead and let them know I am a single male. I was only told there were too many males once. I called at the last minute that day. I was always welcomed and found myself in several conversations with both men and women individually and as couples. I simply paid attention to personal boundaries.

Later I spent several weekends there camping by myself. Even though I brought food and drinks, I was almost always invited to breakfast and dinner by other campers. Usually, the invite would be by one of the member couples but occasionally I would get together with a couple that was there for just that weekend that I met during the day.

By the end of my single visits I would easily mingle from one group to the next. Making my rounds to be sure I met all my friends that I could find.

Now, my wife has visited twice with me. She has felt comfortable with everyone I have introduced her to. I think her biggest shock was the number of people I introduced her to and the number of hugs I received on the initial greeting.

I would recommend the FAC to visit for the people I have met their. I am also happy with the grounds. They are not luxury but very comfortable.

This post was edited
RE:40 Acre Club

Youre not quite wrong. Though there are fires stoked with the younger crowd to cut down on the inappropriateness from the old or problem crowd.

This post was edited
RE:40 Acre Club

Youre not quite wrong. Though there are fires stoked with the younger crowd to cut down on the inappropriateness from the old or problem crowd.

This post was edited