Discussion #4 why arent more black and brown women represented in naturism

There seems to be a proponderance of men in nudism naturism overall and fewer women in general. But black and brown women seem even less present. Why? Why arent more black and women represented in naturism? Would especially like to hear from women in this subject. Please be respectful and share your own opinion without needing to convince anyone to see it your way. Discuss

This topic was edited
RE:Discussion #4 why arent more black and brown women represented in naturism

I have asked the same question. I am eager as well to hear from women.

This post was edited

Thats a great question. I dont understand why people of color has such a difficult time embracing nudism and be more confident within their own skin. I think majority of black homes trained their kids to be conservative and covered up meaning clothed. And when they throw religion in the conversation, that also gets me. How in the world could bring nude ever be sinful when we are all born into this world nude. It doesnt matter if your body is small, large, short or tall, it should be appreciated and admired. I love to see a confident nude thick man of color because its so few in number. We all need to be nude, liberated and live peacefully.

This post was edited

Thank your MSC. Would you mind doing some research for us? I think it would sound much less like a "come on" coming from a woman than it would coming from a man. I have my theories but would like a larger sample size to compare.

This post was edited

Mcdcvs, if you have any suggestions on reaching out to others to get those answers feel free to share. I don't mind reaching out to non-nudist, black brown or whatever, to get their outlook on nudism and why they dont embrace it, .

MSC713 Curious are any of your friends into nudism or do they know you are if they are not and how do you navigate that?

This post was edited

MSC713 Curious are any of your friends into nudism or do they know you are if they are not and how do you navigate that?Friends?? Lol. Only one person that I know outside of nudists I've met knows about my love for nudity.

OK so you haven't been able to talk with other black women about being into nudism is that right? As a black woman how does that sit with you?

This post was edited

While I dare not speak for women, I can only relay my own observation of my wife. She has no problem being nude at home where there is safety and without the gawking that might occur in other places. This discomfort elsewhere is mostly likely the result of growing up in a prudish household where nudity was considered a no no. Thank goodness she has changed and we can remain nude for hours on end, even though she is not ready for a social nudity experience.

This post was edited

While I dare not speak for women, I can only relay my own observation of my wife. She has no problem being nude at home where there is safety and without the gawking that might occur in other places.

Suspect that might be an issue for many women

This post was edited

Hi MSC713, I understand that your friends don't know of your love for nudity. We have a guys night once a week and although the subject of my lifestyle has not really come up, we have talked about locker room nudity. One guy in particular stated his dislike of men walking around nude. I have told them that I do but not about the trips to the nudist resorts.

Having said that, your friends and acquaintances that you feel comfortable talking to about social nudity are the ones that I would like to hear from as to: if they are open to it, why not, what keeps them from trying it if they are.

Thanks for your research.

This post was edited

Hi... Me being a black female I was brought up to cover up. I just started seeing a fella and he took me to clothes optional resort and I was so afraid at how other women would talk about my body being so out of shape.

Thanks for contributing to the conversation and sharing your experience so transparently.

This post was edited