"The Aroma was Intoxicating!"

I find it ironic I came across this group this morning!

My wife and I both love a good cigar!
We would enjoy a good Macanudo on occasion over a nice Cab in the evenings.
It seemed like those days faded away as past memories, that is, until yesterday!

Annie works part time at the local Mission Thrift Store. She was working toward the back of the store yesterday when she smelled something!
As she described it, "the aroma was intoxicating!" and she began to follow her nose to find the source! She met up with the shopper, a middle aged guy engulfed by the fresh scent of "Fine Cigar"!

Of course , she opened up the conversation to determine the source of the magical aroma. She jotted down the name on a scrap of paper and the location of the smoke shop after a bit of cigar shop talk.

When she got home, her first comment was, "We need to go cigar shopping"!

I sure love this woman! Did I ever trade up! We'll soon be heading to the smoke shop! Fine Cigars and Fine Wine fireside! It was always a great way to end the day. Time to relive the past! :-)

This topic was edited
RE:"The Aroma was Intoxicating!"

Di loves it when I stoke up a stogie or my pipe. She hates cig smoke but loves the aroma of a good cigar or when Iight up my pipe. We played golf yesterday and I forgot to light up my cigar for the round and she said she was disappointed and was looking forward to smelling it while we were playing.

Funny you say that your wife followed the scent of the cigar while working. Di and I find ourselves following the scent of a good cigar now and then and I will sometimes ask the person smoking it, "what are you smoking!?" One of Di's favorites for me to smoke are H. Upmann's.

This post was edited

I have to find her note. I'll post which one it is when we try them out!

This post was edited

Right after I retired, I was just doing nothing. I visited a local dive bar for lunch, I visited the local smoke shop in Old Town and made some friends. That's where I broadened my horizons on other cigars that I'd never tried. Always went for tried and true and didn't venture passed that. The manager of the shop would get sales people coming in to try and get them to sell their cigars. He had permission from the owner to pass those samples out to us to try while in the shop. I smoked some really great ones and a few not so great.

At one point I had 3 humidors and had a stash of around 60-75 cigars on hand at a time. Nowadays, I'm down to about 15-20 and use two of my humidors for other things besides cigars! :DDDD

This post was edited

When we walk our dogs every night we go by a house where sometimes the guy is on the porch smoking a cigar. Since I'm a reformed smoker of 30 years I hate the smell of cigarettes but sometimes a good cigar smells okay. I don't care to smoke one though.

This post was edited

I started smoking cigarettes in the Navy. In Guam at the Air Force commissary, $1.50 per carton!
I would smoke for a decade and quit for a decade for the past 40 years. I'm done with cigarettes for now but can't resist a good cigar.

This post was edited

I took one puff from a cig when I was about 10. My half sister was a smoker and she told me to try it. I about coughed up both lungs! Never took another drag of a cigarette. Smoked a little weed in the Navy. I drank my way through my hitch. I got really drunk once and after that, knew my limit and stopped before I got stupid! :DDD

Picked up the cigar habit in the Navy. I hung around a few cig smokers and it was my way of combating their smoke. I got to liking them quickly and smoked a cigar about 3-4 times a week back then. I kept up that habit for a while, usually when I was mowing the lawn or doing yard work in the back yard. A few times I'd get distracted and the ash would fall off and hit my dick (that's before my stomach got in the way!). I finally paid more attention and flicked the ash off before that happened again.

I had some medical problems and was seeing our doctor. My wife calls her Dr. Malibu Barbie. She fits it to a T!!! By then, I'd cut smoking cigars to about 1 a week or every two weeks! I filled out the medical questionnaire and where it asked, do you smoke? , I answered yes/cigars. She looked it over and asked how many I smoke and asked my history. Asked if I inhaled. Looked all over my mouth and said, "you're not a smoker! We'll erase that from your record!" Good news to me! :DDDD

This post was edited

I started smoking cigarettes in the Navy. In Guam at the Air Force commissary, $1.50 per carton!I would smoke for a decade and quit for a decade for the past 40 years. I'm done with cigarettes for now but can't resist a good cigar.

We stopped in Guam a few times in route on a WesPac cruises. I've got a great pic of me on the beach with a Gooney Bird! Wish I was naked but I have shorts on. ;p

This post was edited

First of all, thank you for adding me to this group.

I find it truly amazing the memories and the feelings that certain Aromas elicit (think baking bread and Grandma's house). For me, the odor of a cigar or pipe somehow means relaxation and peace with the world. I most commonly will smoke a cigar or my pipe when camping, fishing or otherwise relaxing so when I "smell that smell", I am at once reminded of good times...

This post was edited