RE:'Jewelry' at resorts and beaches

The same argument about jewelry drawing attention to genitals can be made about pubic grooming. Yet, it has become universally acceptable in nudist circles as far as I know.

This post was edited

Annie of "SamAndAnnie" here:
Genital Jewelry! HeHeHeHeHeGiggle- Stuuupid!
Why not have that little thing tattooed "Look Here" "See my peepee!"
Pathetic!

This post was edited

wow everyone has a opinion about this topic but as nudists we need educate no need for calling one a pervert or stupid, lets keep it civil , yes agree some post are over the top of limits , but us nudists should educate not scold !!!

This post was edited

what would you think if your wife / girlfriend walked around nude with her stomach painted with the words "inset dick here " and an arrow pointing between her legs ? after all its just art right ?we all know better than that ,just like we all know whats on the mind of a man that walks around with his decorated dick

I just have to respond to this. Women and men don't need signs because evolution and natural selection gave us the attributes we needed to successfully reproduce. A whole wackload of 'signs' telling us where things are supposed to go. Since the natural features of a woman's anatomy are already selected for "please insert here", the addition of a non-selected for ornament isn't really changing the biological reality and it would be quite foolish to think so. It's well and good to have standards for naturist resorts and I agree with those standards, but so many of you here think this gives you universal license to condemn other people and other cultures for no good reason. It doesn't make your point stronger, I doesn't convince anyone the rules are somehow now more just, it just comes off as mean.

The argument that expresses sexuality and moreover immoral sexuality because clothing or jewelry is a tired one. Human beings across time and space have decorated their bodies, for many reasons. Our cousins, the Mandrills come decorated. Tribes in New Guinea still wear penis sheaths, Jews and Muslims and some Christians circumcise (this operation is aesthetic and about drawing attention to the penis), and there was a market for pastel merkins or pubic wigs in 18th century France. To assert that all men who adorn themselves must be deviants as are all women is unproven.

To finish, a woman wouldn't wear that inscription in public. Nobody would. Largely, the attractors are built in. If you ever see a woman with this written on her, think to call the police.

This post was edited

Do these people get out of the pool before ejaculation? Does the guy say "wait, I'm about to cum, lets get out and go to the room to finish? I bring this up because YOU stated you and your wife visited that resort in Jamaica and sexual activity was happening. Did this not cross your minds or were you oblivious to this might taking place or did you not care?

I agree with you and with FreeLee; resorts and clubs make up their own rules and if my wife and I minded seeing genital jewelry or excessive genital jewelry that much, we'd not attend those venues but as I stated, in some way, it's not for us and some of it is excessive but that's there choice and some of those people are actually nice people. Live and let live only goes so far in some cases and that's why many of the resorts and clubs have rules and standards so ALL can feel comfortable. Piercings and tattoos are one thing but sexual activity crosses the line in most cases because we are sharing the same spaces and we don't want to share everyone's bodily fluids. There really needs to be some tact, manners, respect and decorum even at nudist venues.

Apologies I know this went off topic but would like to know your thoughts. Maybe I'll start another thread.

You know, we rarely agree for a variety of reasons but this is a decent set of questions to be asked, and it is what many organizations, not just hotels have to deal with openly and frankly because this stuff doesn't fix itself. If a space is naturist and there is no sex allowed in public, that is the core clientele. A shift away from that risks a lot. These ideas usually come from some vague idea that "sex sells" which is true, but to whom? Is this a romantic titillating add on for couples or singles or is it just poorly thought out?

The questions about activity are valid. Commercial pools can kill all the commonly transmittable STI's instantly except Hep C. Urine isn't a health risk, but the added fluids to make for unpleasant potential. The pool is a big draw at the resort, but it makes money on booze sales. There is a temptation to think sexing it up will increase sales, but that is only true if the sales surpass the attrition because most guests don't want that atmosphere. As for dirty surfaces soiled by sex, never stay in any hotel ever again , you will be horrified to know just how dirty they are.

If the resort must do this, my advice is to separate the space from the rest of the resort, give it a separate entrance that you must exit with clothing on, walk and then go in, with a clothes check, cover charge and designated and non designated areas, theme parties, and lots of cleaners and carefully planned sight lines with no dark corners or areas that are isolated. Not tolerating intoxication, making sure condoms and lube are supplied and do not let guests bring locals. Currently, Toronto has one small establishment for this type of event and it is 20$ for women and I think 70 $ for men. There is a pool and they have trouble maintaining it as it is a lot of work. I have not been and will likely not ever go.

This post was edited

Reading this thread leaves me with a feeling of sadness. Maybe Im nave but Ive felt nudists are above the judging, name calling and bullheadedness evident here. Maybe Im foolish to think Id enjoy going to a nudist resort for an extended stay where people can be authentic and have nothing to hide behind. Perhaps Im overly idealistic to think that the vulnerability our own nakedness creates gives a deeper, more profound respect for ourselves and others who present themselves naked among strangers.

Do I have my own opinions about jewelry and tattoos, including on genitals? Sure. Do they matter much? Not really. If the adornments are a way of calling attention to someone, I can see it as evidence of issues or an invitation to chat. I recall one conversation with a young man half my age about his tatts where my first thought was Youre gonna regret those when youre my age. Instead I was open and inquisitive and had a wonderful dialogue with an intelligent, articulate young man who focused on living a life of integrity and values which were all reflected in his body art. Regardless of my impressions, the tattoos were all beautiful in reflecting his inner courage and beauty.

Please strip off your judging with your clothes and let others be naked and proud. You will find angels among us in scary off-putting guises and incredibly beautiful people who may lack an ounce of empathy. Rise to the occasion and judge people for their actions without getting hung up on how someone reminds you of somebody in fourth grade. You can do better than that! Celebrate humanity and diversity in nudism, and you will celebrate yourself not despite your anxieties and flaws, but because of them. We are all already whole and beautiful just as we are.

This post was edited

What happened to live and let live each to their own.if everybody toed the line we would all be dressed quit trying to make everyone fit your mold if you have a problem with jewelry it's you who has the problem. Obviously they don't.

This post was edited

Wore it many a time in gay nude beaches, gay nude friendly resorts, in bars/clubs whilst sitting down I pull it out via leg of shorts and display, Spain , in Canary Islands , aldo in Madrid, I find wearing them in pulic, my balls swinging and rubbing makes me hard and short shorts can only hide so much in public

This post was edited

That last comment is why this site has gone to the dogs.

This post was edited

We need thumbs up and down on the forums so people can see how others feel about their comments. Maybe there is one and I just don't see it.

Thumbs Up on your comment. I joined to be with nudists. I'm finding it difficult to find them. I was chatting with a guy in pm. Just discussing everyday stuff. Somehow the chat got to be about our wives. He asks if my wife and I are "f***ing" a lot. I told him I was surprised by his comment and that my sex life was not the target of our conversation. He replied "I'm sorry, I just get so horny on this site". I was tempted to just block him right then and there. Is it just me, I don't get horny looking at other nudists. And its not like my libido is dead or anything. It just takes way more than a naked body to do it for me.

Anyway, co-rant over.

This post was edited