It's legal to be naked (anywhere) in Seattle

_
... being naked is okay. Being partially naked is okay.
Going to a nude beach, participating in a parade, swimming naked no big deal.

www.kuow.org/stories/it-s-totally-legal-to-be-naked-in-public-in-seattle

This topic was edited
RE:It's legal to be naked (anywhere) in Seattle

It is OK, but only now (not in Summer) :-)

This post was edited

It is OK, but only now (not in Summer) :-)

Why not summer, seems like it would be an ideal time to be naked. Lot's better than being naked outside in the dead of winter.

This post was edited

Seems like Seattle suddenly has become a destination!
I imagine nudists from different parts of the US paying a fee so together can rent a house for a week, then spending that vacation week together in that house, and going out everyday, all together, all nude, to discover the city and its attractions.
Would that be possible?

This post was edited

Before you rush off to Seattle and strip off, be advised that it is not as nudist friendly as it sounds.

First of all, it rains somewhere around 300 days a year in Seattle.

Second, unless you are in a designated nudist area, you are subject to citation or jail.

Last, it is my experience that Seattle has some pretty weird people who change their mind suddenly and without warning. You could be in a group that is accepting your nudity one second, then someone gets "offended" and suddenly, the whole group turns on you. Weird people.

This post was edited

Before you rush off to Seattle and strip off, be advised that it is not as nudist friendly as it sounds.First of all, it rains somewhere around 300 days a year in Seattle.Second, unless you are in a designated nudist area, you are subject to citation or jail.Last, it is my experience that Seattle has some pretty weird people who change their mind suddenly and without warning. You could be in a group that is accepting your nudity one second, then someone gets "offended" and suddenly, the whole group turns on you. Weird people.

Legal does not mean accepted. Have been to Seattle at least once per year for the last six years, missing the Solstice Parade and WNBR, and the only place I was able to see nudists at play was Denny-Blaine Park. It was a nice sunny day, but the park is small and the beach smaller. Not too many out there until late in the afternoon. You would have more trouble finding a place to park your car than to park your carcass.

This post was edited

Though it may be legal, it would be quite the challenge to be nude outside today. It looks like a snowstorm that many in the area have never seen is brewing.

This post was edited

I have been living here in the Seattle area for over 20 years. Allthough I entirely agree that the spirit of this area has overwhelmingly become liberal 8n it's views, the naked laws are up to interpretation. Yes it is "legal" to be naked, but indecent exposure laws can get you arrested simply due to the interpretation of "shock value" or "offense".
Personally, I love driving naked, and it matters not to me whether daylight or night time, when the mood/moment appears, off go the clothes lol!!! That said, it has to be done with caution and cover-up readily available. But again, it's worth the risk to me :)
I frequent a local nudist resort, and usually return home without clothes, which is a 30-45 minute drive based on traffic.

This post was edited

I have been living here in the Seattle area for over 20 years. Allthough I entirely agree that the spirit of this area has overwhelmingly become liberal 8n it's views, the naked laws are up to interpretation. Yes it is "legal" to be naked, but indecent exposure laws can get you arrested simply due to the interpretation of "shock value" or "offense".Personally, I love driving naked, and it matters not to me whether daylight or night time, when the mood/moment appears, off go the clothes lol!!! That said, it has to be done with caution and cover-up readily available. But again, it's worth the risk to me :)I frequent a local nudist resort, and usually return home without clothes, which is a 30-45 minute drive based on traffic.

Seattle interesting, places to go visit, check! I haven't driven completely naked, I just mentioned on another post that I rock a top of somekind mostly because for a woman it may seem significantly more noticeable that I'm naked when my boobs are in the window lol

This post was edited

To anyone:

Is there a nudist organization in Seattle? What are the relevant laws? What about public swimming pools? What about private clubs, is a special permit needed to be clothing-optional? Can you walk on a sidewalk naked anywhere in the city?
Thanks!

This post was edited

The only place in the actual city to get naked in public is the Solstice Parade (pride parade) the world naked bike ride which is actually today, nudist resorts (I know of 3 in WA) and on Federal land in the forest.

This post was edited