Favorite Comics

For all comic book fans and comic geeks. What are your favorite comics? What comics do you enjoy reading most? Do you collect them? And if yes, what comics do you collect?

:-))

This topic was edited
RE:Favorite Comics

I was a huge Spiderman comic book fan and collector. I started my collection when I was in Middle School/Jr. High School. I was probably around the age of between 11 and 12. I had stacks of them and kept them in boxes under my bed. There was a new comic book every week and I'd save part of my lunch money so I could buy the newest one.

At age 18, I left for military service in the US Navy and my mother got rid of them! I can't remember if she threw them out or gave them away . One day, I was going through my stored things in my parent's garage. I must have been close to 21 at the time. I looked for those comic books and couldn't find them. I asked my mother if she knew where they might be and she said, "oh those? I got rid of those. I figured you wouldn't want all those comics!" I wanted to get mad but what good what it have done. What was done, was done, so I just said, " oh well!". ;D

This post was edited

I was not a collector but often read; Archie and Jughead. I think I was much more interested in Betty and Veronica! :DDDDD

This post was edited

I was not a collector but often read; Archie and Jughead. I think I was much more interested in Betty and Veronica! :DDDDD

Loved Betty and Veronica. Whose Archie? LOL

This post was edited

Always liked the super hero comics. Superman and Krypto, batman, Fantastic 4, especially the silver surfer , Thor, Birdman. Loved that Birdman could strap on his wings and use his arms. Thought that would have been really cool to fly.

This post was edited

I was not a collector but often read; Archie and Jughead. I think I was much more interested in Betty and Veronica! :DDDDDLoved Betty and Veronica. Whose Archie? LOL

Come on Man! He's the leader of the band! LOL

This post was edited

"At age 18, I left for military service in the US Navy and my mother got rid of them! I can't remember if she threw them out or gave them away . One day, I was going through my stored things in my parent's garage. I must have been close to 21 at the time. I looked for those comic books and couldn't find them. I asked my mother if she knew where they might be and she said, "oh those? I got rid of those. I figured you wouldn't want all those comics!" I wanted to get mad but what good what it have done. What was done, was done, so I just said, " oh well!". ;D"

For 24 years I managed first the San Diego, and then the LA centers for Diamond Comic Distributors (the nation's largest, if not the world's largest, distributor of American comics and anything else you'd find in a comic book store). There was a store back east somewhere named "My Mom Sold Mine Too" ... LOL!

I began collecting around age 11 or 12. Faves were also Batman, and all related books, Spiderman, FF, and Capt. America. While those were always the core of my collection as I grew older, and especially once I started working at Diamond, I also began collecting a lot of independent titles and focusing more on following particular artists like the Hernandez Bros. in " Love & Rockets", Dave Steven's "Rocketeer", Robert Crumb's stuff, Frank Frazzetta, Jim Steranko, Mark Schultz's "Xenozoic Tales", Frank Cho's "Liberty Meadows", Jeff Smith's "Bone" and so many more.

This post was edited

Jesse- The Mike Grell Green Arrow run from 1987 to 1991 including the 3 Longbow Hunters issues prior to it. A very serious and real title run. Specifically issue 1 to 80. Even had to have the parental advisory warning on it.

Jordan-Anything Ben Templesmith touches on.

This post was edited

Batman
ASM
Black Hammer
Saga
Hellboy
Bone

This post was edited