A NUDE county in America

I've often wondered how to get nudist to pool together and buy all the land in a small county somewhere in America. Elect all nudist to government. Pass a cloth option for all. Where no one could be charged for nudity ...rather anyone complaining could and would be fined.
You could travel from small town to small town with in the county naked and free. Evey that wanted to naked at work could be. Teacher and students alike. Churches, town hall ..out you getting the idea. Each road coming into the county would be posted Cloth Optional county enter at your own risk, or something to that effect. I know I would enjoy living naked and free for life.
Cheers stay naked my friends,
David

This topic was edited
RE:A NUDE county in America

That would be great. It would need to be located in one of the southern states to take advantage of the longer nude season weather in the south. Definitely not anywhere that get's that cold white flaky stuff each winter.

This post was edited

It would be really interesting to study the demographic statistics of the county vs others nearby. Comparisons of growth rates, crime, education, income as well as psychological stats such as happiness of residents, confidence, etc would be very interesting. Spending and wealth would be interesting as well since the residents would not be spending near as much money to purchase or clean clothes.

This post was edited

actually think about it as there are such places called - Communes , if you google it some places do exist I can't remember finding clothing option ones when I looked - been awhile but i'm sure they are there. a lot of babyboomers are also old hippies that can't erase that memory and i'm sure they did well financially in the real world so I don't think it would be hard to start a community - commune .

This post was edited

I remember seeing a show in tv about buying in a clothing optional neighborhood in Pasco County, Florida. It was called "Buying Naked". It wasn't a resort or commune but a normal neighborhood with people mowing their lawns, riding bikes and walking all nude. The real estate agent specialized in selling to nudists. I believe it had a sign at the entrance stating that you are coming into a clothing optional area. Anybody else see that?

This post was edited

That would be a perfect option for all of us. Where are we going to give this a try?

This post was edited

It will never happen. Americans have a real hang up about nudity.

This post was edited

I remember watching that show, Buying Naked. Pasco county is where a bunch of nudist resorts are located. I would consider moving their but Florida politics are soooo messed up I'm afraid to.
Florida is funny how they allow or don't allow nudity, one county will allow it and another won't. There is a half-nudist campground further south called Vitambi Springs and the north half is in a county (Palm Beach?) that doesn't allow nudity, and the south half is in a different county (Broward) that does allow nudity. So there is a line through the park, no nudity north of the line.

This post was edited

Such a place would be a dream come true for most of us. I would love to see such a place happen. I do agree with others though, its unlikely to happen given the current public opinion on nudity. If such a place could get started, it could show the rest of the country that being nude is not the problem. It might be easier to get started outside the US with a small nude community that is accepted and allowed to grow in population.

This post was edited

The difficulty in selecting a location has to do with state-wide laws. The town or county would need to be located within a state that lacks state-wide anti-nudity laws -- such as Vermont -- possibly the only state without anti-nudity laws. State laws trump local ordinances every time.That would be great. It would need to be located in one of the southern states to take advantage of the longer nude season weather in the south. Definitely not anywhere that get's that cold white flaky stuff each winter.
Unfortunately, Vermont has a relatively short nude season due to climate.
Does anyone know of a warmer state that has no statewide anti-nudity laws?

This post was edited

The difficulty in selecting a location has to do with state-wide laws. The town or county would need to be located within a state that lacks state-wide anti-nudity laws -- such as Vermont -- possibly the only state without anti-nudity laws. State laws trump local ordinances every time.

There might be a way, even if a state does have anti-nudity laws. Texas, for example, has such laws but they only apply to "reckless" actions. Which, apparently (I'm not a lawyer), means among other things giving no warning that nudity is present. So there is a county park (Hippie Hollow) where nudity is allowed because it's known to be a clothing-optional venue and signs are posted where the nude areas start.

So, an entire town or county could be clothing optional as long as notification is given where people enter. Also, of course, the town/county cops would not be enforcing the state law since their local law overrides it. State cops might enforce it, but probably have better things to do. And since trials have to be held in the county where the crime occurred, the jury will have nude-friendly people on it who are perfectly free to vote for acquittal.

This post was edited