Lake Tahoe

Howdy, everyone.

Has anyone ever been to Secret Cove at Lake Tahoe? It's a nude "beach." Is it still technically considered a beach if it's a lake? Anyways... Lake Tahoe is gorgeous and I've love to go nude there. Before I start planning a trip, I'd like to know more about it.

First thing I'd like to know is if it's sanctioned as a nude location, or if it's just one of those places where it's not necessarily legal, but everyone does it anyways.

Also wondering if there is any kind of vendor or store closer than Carson City. (Want to know if I'll need to pack a cooler)

But also, just your experience. If it's worth making a trip from Ohio to Nevada or not.

This topic was edited
RE:Lake Tahoe

Don't take a cooler, you have to hike in. Take a day pack with snacks, water, sunblock, and a towel..

If it's on a lake, why should you have to hike in, when going by boat would be a viable option?

To answer the OP's question, yes it can still be considered a beach even if it is located on a fresh water lake. Not ALL beaches have to be located on a salt water body of water.

This post was edited

If it's on a lake, why should you have to hike in, when going by boat would be a viable option?

Lake Tahoe does not have a lot of boat ramps or a lot of boats. Yes, people do have boats there but I know you have to have boats inspected for certain muscles or something plus its not particularly warm. Getting a boat there can be a haul as well as it is in the mountains at about 6,225 feet. The lake is very protected by a joint organization between California, Nevada, and the federal governments to keep its beauty and clarity which is measured a few times a year currently about 70 feet down from over 100 feet in the 50s or 60s. Parking and hiking in is the most common way to enjoy many places on the lake. There are some public textile beaches in some areas such as South Lake Tahoe.

This post was edited

Also wondering if there is any kind of vendor or store closer than Carson City
This one is in Zephyr Cove, NV., just south of Secret Cove. Incline village north of secret cove has been mentioned.

First thing I'd like to know is if it's sanctioned as a nude location, or if it's just one of those places where it's not necessarily legal, but everyone does it anyways.
Carson PD patrols the area by motor boat. They and other police departments know that
Secret Cove (and other nude beach in the area) is a nude beach and people go there to enjoy nude recreation/relaxation.
The name of the beach is Secret Cove but it's really not that "secret".

Don't take a cooler, you have to hike in.
I've taken a small cooler down Secret Cove, just keep it light.
Also, DO NOT bring glass containers.

The hike down to the beach is easy.
The hike back up might be challenging, especially if you're lugging around a heavy cooler.

Also, that part of Lake Tahoe is almost 7,000 ft above sea level.
It's not unusual if you get easily out of breath. Take it easy.

Take a day pack with snacks, water, sunblock, and a towel.

A while back I didn't put sunscreen because I was underneath my beach umbrella.
I still got mildly burned. So, bring sunscreen AND umbrella.

Remember: Pack it in. Pack it out.

... too many gawkers and textiles
There's a hiking trail just above the beach. People can see you from the trail above.

If it's worth making a trip from Ohio to Nevada or not
I'm not from Ohio. If I'm driving that much distance only to spend a few hours in
a nude beach and then drive back, then it's not worth it. I'd like to make the most. when I travel.
But, I'm not you. Yes, it's worth it but only if you're going to spend a couple of days there.

The scenery of Lake Tahoe is worth the drive.

Hike further south to Creek Beach.
It's another nude beach in Lake Tahoe, in addition to secret cove.
Also, there's Whale Beach, another nude beach.

Worth checking out, if you're going to be in the area.

Click the LOCATIONS tab on my profile and tap/click "secret cove". I posted some pictures of Secret Cove a while back.

This post was edited

Thanks for all the info.

So let me just say, I am planning on staying a few days, if i go. Secondly, I would be flying, not driving. I drove to Southern Arizona and back last year. Not something I want to do again, plus when you're traveling alone, airline tickets can be cheaper than 2-3 days worth of gasoline, food, and hotels.

This post was edited