This or That: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Wars... or... Star Trek? Choose!

:-)))

This topic was edited
RE:This or That: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Jesse- Neither
Jordan-Star Wars.

This post was edited

Star Wars!

This post was edited

My partner Star Trek, me Star Wars. Watching either Star Trek or Star Wars always leads to funny arguements :-D

This post was edited

Andy, good to see you again and good points. Some of the special effects do seem hokie. Back then though they seemed futuristic. Computers that can understand and respond in speech (Alexa, Siri, Google), small devices that can talk to anyone on the planet (cell phones), devices that can lead you to anywhere you want to go (GPS), a handheld device that can access the world's knowledge (again, cell phones). Funny though, I was watching Wrath of Khan yesterday and there was a device on Khan's wrist with a wire then went to a larger device. Whatever happened to Bluetooth??? LOL

Anyway, the hokieness in TV isn't only limited to Star Trek, Star Wars and sci fi. Go back and watching some of those old shows from the 60s/early 70s like Mannix, Brady Bunch, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, whatever and you can see how hokie all the sets looked like.

Good to see you on here. Give a shout sometime.

This post was edited

It was a little before my time but can you imagine those that watched "Buck Rogers!??" Watching Star Trek and Star Wars must of knocked their clothes off! :DDDDD

This post was edited

I loved Star wars when it first came out and watched Star Trek with Shatner as Kirk. I really think the battle scenes have gotten too long on Star Wars. Love the New Star Trek movies and a big fan of Next Generation with Picard (Engage!!!), DS9 and even Voyager. Discovery is pretty good although confusing at times and The Orville is a Hoot!

This post was edited

When you watch either early Star Wars movies or Star Trek TV episodes, it's hard to imagine we thought they we so awesome when they first came out and we watched at the theaters or weekly on TV. The special effects, we thought, were so amazing. Nowadays, we watch them some 20 years later and they both seem kinda hokie! :DDD

How about Lost in Space? Talking about hokie!

This post was edited

Speaking of Buck Rogers, Erin Grey, who portrayed Colonel Wilma Deering on the TV show, spent some time growing up as a nudist. She attended Swallows Sun Island, a resort that used to be east of El Cajon, California, with her grandparents.

This post was edited

Back to the original question: Only because I grew up with it, Star Trek will always be my fave, but I love me some Star Wars too!

This post was edited

This is a touchy subject with some..both franchises have their die hard loving fans.
For me..watching in reruns was the original Star Trek, my uncle got me into it and it was one if our things to do when it was on..sit there and watch it.
Once the Star Wars craze hit in '77 that was all she wrote for me..i was a 12yo kid then and i thought it was the best thing ever. Now here is where some will agree with me and some will argue with me..but to me and in my opinion the original 3 were the best ones(episode's IV...V...VI) the others after that didnt do anything for me.
BUT when the Star Trek craze came back with J.J. Abrams at the helm it was an amazing and awesome thing
So i guess id have to say i like both?

This post was edited