This or That: Waffles or Pancakes?

Both are served but you have to choose between them!

What do you prefer? Waffles or Pancakes?

:-)))

This topic was edited
RE:This or That: Waffles or Pancakes?

I seem to recollect that Belgium is famous for waffles, and Holland for pancakes, so maybe they're nicer where you are. Am I allowed to go for dosa? (indian rice flour pancakes, usually filled with spiced potato and served with chuneys). They're quite complicated to make though, so probably best to let someone else do it!

This post was edited

IAm I allowed to go for dosa? (indian rice flour pancakes, usually filled with spiced potato and served with chuneys). They're quite complicated to make though, so probably best to let someone else do it!

You are alllowed to flavor your pancakes or waffles any way you want to, but you have to choose between them! ^_^

This post was edited

Waffles.

This post was edited

Waffles!!!! Especially Belgium Waffles!

I actually enjoy them with butter and syrup but occasionally will order them with strawberries and a little whipped cream. Oh, and coffee, a few cups of coffee with my Belgium Waffles! ;D

This post was edited

Love em both. Make pancakes on the boat because don't have a waffle iron there. At home I occassionally make waffles with creamed chicken for dinner.

This post was edited

Like both; however, prefer waffles! Personally, I find pancakes too filling! Lots of maple syrup!

This post was edited

Waffles versus pancakes.... How to decide?

When growing up during the summer my friends and I would go surfing (dawn patrol we called it) and then would end up back at my house where I would make pancakes for everyone. We did that almost every day. Most had it with butter and syrup but one friend would use sugar instead of syrup. Also there was a place near my dad's office. Uncle Johns Pancake House. My mom would bribe me with going there when she had to go in and do his books and I had to go with her. They made these blintz style pancakes with strawberries rolled up in them with powdered sugar sprinkled on top and a mound of whip cream. Drooling thinking about them now. They also had all you could eat pancakes on Wednesday nights. A group of us would go in and see who could eat the most. Of course we were influenced by outside forces back then (it was the 70's ).

Later on in life my friends and I would stop at Penny Burgers (like Crystal Burgers) after the bars closed and they had the best waffles. Had to make sure each little pocket had both butter and syrup in them.

Now when our kids are home for the holidays we always cook up a batch of pancakes. Sometimes waffles. They prefer pancakes over waffles.

This post was edited

I've stated this previously; I prefer waffles. But, our grandkids; pancakes. Papa's Swedish pancakes! It's a simple recipe off the Bisquick box but they love them and I love making them for our grandikids! My wife loves them too! ;D

This post was edited

French Toast :-) .....oh wait that's not on the list :-DD

Pancakes with plenty of syrup!!!

This post was edited

...and bacon. Plenty of bacon!!! ;D

This post was edited