Naturist privacy

The need for privacy is part of cultural training to be ashamed of our bodies. Its really the antithesis of everything naturist. Do you agree or disagree?

This topic was edited
RE:Naturist privacy

Nudism has given me the confidence to be more relaxed and sociable. Yet I still enjoy some solitude being nude in my large garden.

This post was edited

The need for privacy is part of cultural training to be ashamed of our bodies. Its really the antithesis of everything naturist. Do you agree or disagree?

I have learned that I don't like privacy for much, it was my way of shielding the fact that I was not getting what I needed in terms of touch, affection, intimacy and closeness with other human beings. Even if I am hurting the truth is I don't want to be alone. I choose to be alone because I don't want anyone to see it (shameful for men to display sorrow anguish, grief in our culture), but also because I can't bear to ask for comfort and not get it. The reality is I just need someone to be cry into for a spell, to hug and hold just as I have done for many people... some are more private too and that is ok, but I am not. I like to sleep alone more often than not but the rest of the day's activities can be done with others preferably nude.

This post was edited

I still like privacy for what is delicately called elimination. I may be nude, but I'm not a dog!

This post was edited

To me the need for privacy is around emotional matters or when doing certain intimate things (not necessarily sexual). In the wider world people have a need for privacy when the are naked. As nudists we don't have that need. Long live social nudity!

This post was edited

Sometimes i like to have privacy, but that's just when i went some time alone. It never has to do with being naked. I am totally comfortable being naked in front of others or with others. Never have been shy. I think society is way too prude these days unfortunately. The 70's and 80's were so much better with handling nudity... I always say, just be yourself and enjoy your naked lifestyle, people tend to respect you for the person you are, not if you're naked or not

This post was edited

Sometimes I just want to be with myself and not have to share with others. Having private time and a private place lets me rest and recharge, which I can't do if I'm always engaged with or available to others. It doesn't have much to do with how I feel about my body.

This post was edited