RE:Group Rules for Perspective Members

Did you welcome them in or let them know they were too young?

This post was edited

I didn't let them in. Andy and I discussed what we wanted here before the group was set up, +50 was always our aim and until its decided otherwise I believe that is how it will stay. There was another + 50 group on TN but it was not being administered and if I recall correctly TN didn't respond to requests to hand it over to new administrators. So this group came into being.

It would be nice to notify people why we refuse membership to them, but there is only so much time in the day and the group home page clearly states the age requirement right at the beginning of the blurb, its in that position for a very good reason, but lots of people don't read it, a lot who have English as their first language too! I've sometimes contacted people who are +50 and seem like they might fit in here, but who don't have filled out profiles etc and I know that Andy does similar, some of them are here, after doing what we suggested.

This post was edited

hello all. hej all, way +50. thanks for allowing me. ;)

This post was edited

Bump

Bump

Bump....

This post was edited

Bumping this thread again because surprise, surprise............I keep seeing private or more or less blank profiles applying for membership, or people who seem to think that being 36 is over 50, when their first language is supposedly English. At least the latter category gets given away without having to open their profile in another tab, we can see their age on their profile thumbnail when they apply for membership. Making a broad generalisation(maybe!), if the prospective members can't read the group requirements then they possibly won't read the discussion threads and join in either, trying to take the glass half full approach to wasting time!!!.

This post was edited

Bump

This post was edited

Bump.

This post was edited

Thanks Nick! I'm not sure many of these perspective members even read the rules for joining. They just go through the groups and click the join button.

This post was edited

I'm sure that you're right Andy - You Are Nude Alligator Feed group, check, join; Nude Great White Shark Herding group, check, join; Nudist Unicorn group, check, join; Permanently Nude in the Artic group, check, join.

This post was edited

That's me! I just looked at the information tab for the first time and now I've found this thread. :-) My usual modos operandi is to click into a group that looks interesting and join if it still looks interesting, whether that's the topics I can open or the tease of having to join first.Thanks Nick! I'm not sure many of these perspective members even read the rules for joining. They just go through the groups and click the join button.

This post was edited