Body Image

This is my biggest problem with being naked around others. I have recently started going to the gym but I'm really unhappy with the state of my gut. I'm sure this isn't all that unusual but how do you guys get over it?

This topic was edited
RE:Body Image

Ive heard it said by a professional athlete, abs are made in the kitchen. Going to the gym is commendable, but good diet is essential.

This post was edited

Your gut is a problem for you whether you are nude or clothed so enjoy the nudity. Remember, the only person that will have a problem with your body image is you. Anyone else does not matter.

This post was edited

It's important to maintain a balance between you carbs and protein.
A steady diet of chicken and beer works for me! :-)

This post was edited

The trouble is you have to eat a lot of chicken to make up for those beers!
There are a few low carb beers out there but the good tasting ones are loaded with carbs!
Spoken from someone the doctor said to stay under 34 carbs a day.
Later,

This post was edited

For me, the opposite is more to my liking! :-)
However, I am quite physically active!
It's the third most important element! Perhaps the most important of the three!
I burn a ton of carbs everyday and the protein fuels my muscle mass! (mass is relative) :-)

This post was edited

Most of the bodies I have seen have a gut. Some people are skinny and have a set of abbs, I think the best thing to remember if u lose weight and u still have a gut . It's just your middle shape. So look at what is good and make that better! It how people do It . I can't change feet of hands knees or head . Tummy is in the similar spec.

This post was edited

I think the biggest part of your statement is that "you" are unhappy with your gut. No one else cares. Many men obsess about a small penis, or hair on their back, but really no one else cares. Go to nudist events. Be happy naked. And if you want to do something about your gut so you feel better, do it. But don't feel bad because you have it now.

This post was edited

Being nude around others is liberating! All of the things we try to coverup with clothing and accessories are out in the open. A person with a body that we would love to have would tell you that they dont like something about their body. For the most part, Nudist are more interested in what you have to say rather than how your body looks.

This post was edited

When I was a boy scout we had an adult leader who always wore long-sleeved collared shirts, even on hot summer camp outs. Turns out he was ashamed of a lot of tattoos from the days of his reckless youth. This was before tatts were common, but I gained more respect for him knowing there were good stories behind that buttoned-up image he carried.
Showing your gut is a way of saying that you are a man and you are proud. As far as size, remember it's actually smaller without clothes than with them. If you are serious about slimming, do it slowly, a pound or two a week. Make peace with your fat now so you'll clearly see progress, pound by pound. Good luck!

This post was edited

How do I get over body image issues? Sounds trivially simple, but just go naked! As long as you are hiding your body, you don't shed the sense that you have something to hide. Push past that, into what-you-see-is-what-you-get territory.

Naked people stand and move differently from clothed people (really) because we re-develop a social persona based on presenting the body whole. Stand tall, look people in the eye. Take your mind off your gut, and it won't be important to others, either.

This post was edited