RE:Communal Showers and body acceptance!

Once I got used to the idea of social nudity, I always enjoyed the camaraderie of gang showers in jr. high and high school. I never felt physically awkward in the locker room, but more so wearing clothes in games and competition. If there's a right and left for feet and hands, mine never learned the difference in coordination. Nudity was a great equalizer.

This post was edited

Did Communal Showers Help you Feeling Comfortable About your Body?

I'm not sure that it made me feel comfortable about my body (as in liking the way it looked) but it did help me get comfortable with the idea that being nude around other nude kids was normal. I had daily gym class with group showers from 7th to 12th grade. In college I used gym showers and sauna nude and have continued that habit all these years since.

This post was edited

I don't think my memories are fond either of my school gym days. I too had to strip down every day from the 7th grade to the 11 grade for gym. 3 grades were in the same class. The same in high school also. Every day had a mandated shower. The gym classes usually had 100 to 120 guys in there. The shower maybe had half of them in it at a time. Sometimes the instructors would fell that some guys were not showering so made everyone stay in the showers until all the locker area was empty. Then he would let the towel guy give out towels and we could dress and run to our next class.
Later,

This post was edited

I have total body acceptance now, but in my youth...not so much!
Gym class was the worst.
I was one of the smallest kids in the class at the time (pre-puberty) and was always tormented.
The gym coach was a first class dick. If I tried to avoid the gang shower, he would let the big goons in class drag my naked ass in. It was quite demoralizing.
I was too small to fight back, so I would get even!
One day I ordered some "stink perfume" through the mail. You know..... that novelty stuff they always sold on the back page of comic books, It came in a little glass vile. It was god awful stuff and reeked to high heaven.
At a time when the gym was deserted I snuck into a back corner where they stored the folding chairs and threw the bottle as hard as I could at the cinder block wall and it shattered into a million pieces, then got the hell out of there.
The stench was so bad, they quarantined the gym for three days while they tried to figure out where the horrible smell was coming from.
Still makes me chuckle to this day. A rare, fun memory from my freshman year.
Once I jimmied the key switch that raises and lowers the basketball hoops and jammed them in the up position! No basketball practice!
Haa Haa, damn macho jock assholes! Don't f**k with the vindictive little smart kid!
That one earned me a trip to the principles office. I didn't mind. It was like a home away from home!

This post was edited

I grew up in a era where mandatory showers after PE were the norm. Since 7th grade, I'd been taking communal showers. I imagine I was a little intimidated by the older kids or those a bit more developed than I was but really don't remember those times much. HS and communal showers was easier for me and I didn't have any issues or problems.

The Navy was equally easy and comfortable. Showering with others was easier than sitting on the toilet next to or across from the other guys without any privacy! :DD I've joined several gyms and always take a shower after a work out session. I used to shower, dry off and walk out naked to the sinks and shave and then blow dry my hair. I wasn't the only one but there weren't many that would do that.

I/we enjoy the communal showers at our club or at resorts we visit. We like the large spacious gang showers where we have room to wash each other's back and sometimes I shampoo my wife's hair. We've had several women, at different times, come into the shower room and shower next to us. It was nice to see them feel comfortable enough to do so. It is strange to find some nudists that will turn and walk away when someone else is in the communal shower areas.

This post was edited

At Cypress, the showers are open air.
I enjoyed being able to take my morning shower outside when we were there. The pools has open showers are poolside as well. No one seems to care about taking their shower out front for all to see
I think they had an inside one as well I but never used it.
At least the toilets were inside!!! I have my limits!
Can't wait to get back there in May!

This post was edited

Our club has both, as most clubs and resorts do. I/we prefer taking our showers outdoors when we are visiting nude venues but one communal shower is close to our RV site and it's a hike to the outdoor shower so we opt for the indoor communal shower during RV camping times.

We have an outdoor shower on our motorhome. It works quite nicely but my lovely wife seems to attract a male audience when she begins taking an outdoor shower at the RV. I find myself looking at our male nudist RV camper neighbors as if to say... "move along, move along..." Those with their wife in tow don't stop to watch or gawk or pretend to want to talk! :DDDDDDD

My wife hated... HATED HS communal showers. She was not comfortable with that at all but after we'd been nudists for quite some time, she became quite comfortable being naked in the communal showers and locker room at the gym. She stated that most of the women in the locker room and showers were naked and seem to enjoy lingering naked while talking.

We've actually had some pretty nice conversations with women and couples in the communal showers at our club! So I guess you'd say that communal showers and body acceptance go hand in hand.

This post was edited

I grew up in a era where mandatory showers after PE were the norm. Since 7th grade, I'd been taking communal showers. We've had several women, at different times, come into the shower room and shower next to us. It was nice to see them feel comfortable enough to do so. It is strange to find some nudists that will turn and walk away when someone else is in the communal shower areas.

I know what you mean. Open showers for me, too, from 7th grade through high school after gym. Our city pool also had an open, outdoor changing area and showers since in Illinois it was only open during summers. I got used to having others around from an early age.

After all that it was an easy transition to the communal showers at the club. The have several private showers as well. However, my wife and I never saw anyone turn away when we or anyone else were in there. I enjoyed water volleyball and when the games were over we all piled into the showers and rinsed off together. I've often joked to my wife and in chats here that I've showered with several hundred women ... LOL!

This post was edited

At Cypress, the showers are open air.I enjoyed being able to take my morning shower outside when we were there. The pools has open showers are poolside as well. No one seems to care about taking their shower out front for all to seeI think they had an inside one as well I but never used it.At least the toilets were inside!!! I have my limits!Can't wait to get back there in May!

I do the same at cypress always shower out in the open, shit were all naked there anyway lol... even when I go on cruises the few textile ones Ive been on spoiled with the nude cruises... anyway I go down to the locker room and use the bigger ones there. Just walk naked around and in the sauna and hot tub as well..

This post was edited

For me, communal showers began in the 3rd grade at the end of gym class. I fought this idea as strongly as I could, but of course I lost. There was no way I was going to get naked with all the other 9 year olds. Then swimming class started in 7th grade and we all swam naked. By then, it was not such a big deal since we had been taking group showers after gym class for years. Communal showers continued through high school after gym class and athletic practices and through college. I never felt self conscientious after the 3rd grade ordeal. Now the only communal shower activity (if you could call it that) is the outdoor showers at Cypress Cove and formerly at Club Orient. I always shower at the Cove after running and before swimming and sometimes I am lucky to shower with a neighbor. Like the previous commentator said, we are all naked so why would anyone care?

This post was edited