RE:What books have you read about Naturism

Just finished my latest book,
Co-ed Naked Philosophy
By Will Forest.
I had just finished reading his last book, Aglow, which was fabulous so I thought I'd try another one. It had recieved high ratings.
The setting is a college on the Gulf Coast that experiments with teaching classes that are clothing optional and the trials that they go through to establish a new(d) curriculum.
As a rule I'm not a book lover but I like a good story. Subsequently if it doesn't keep me interested I can get bored very easy. Not much excitement in this book, borderline boring.
I enjoyed the characters and the storyline but it needed more excitement to keep me interested. I guess that's why it took me so long to finish the book, CLUE!
I'm sure many will enjoy this book more than I did, it just wasn't my cup of tea!
Lee

This post was edited

I read two more recently.

'How to Take Your Clothes Off' by Matthew McDermott, also a member of this group.

This short book is a beginners guide for people intrigued with nudism/naturism but they haven't taken that next step yet. It was very well written. It has lots of good info for someone thinking about, or has already dabbled a naked toe into, being naked more often. Very well written. A good read even if your already naked a lot of the time.

The second iBook is
'New house ...New address' By Ted Bun.
This book is part two of the book 'New House... New Neighbors' so read the 'new neighbors' one first. Very well written and a good fun story about a British couple moving to southern France after retirement and discovering that skinny-dipping in their pool is just the beginning of living a nude lifestyle.

The next iBook I read will be the Naked Crow. It has some good reviews in this group.

This post was edited

Chronicles of a Bare Naked Nudist
Jacob Drake

I read this one recently. It was a very enjoyable story line about a new Naturist community under construction, with its own police force.
The protagonist (a retired detective) takes the position to head up the department.
A good story about nudist resort life with some twists and turns.
It was a pleasant casual read!

This post was edited

I haven't read any real nudist books yet but did read one of Stuart Woods books where the characters were laying on the beach nude.
I guess I have some reading to do. I should check one out at the Cypress Cove book library the next time I go.

This post was edited

I finally finished another book. It's not that I'm a slow reader but I have a routine. I only read novels on my lunch break.
If they are REALLY good, I'll read some before I go to bed.

My latest book: "The Naked Hunch" By Stephen Burns was not what I expected! Not about naturism per se, but part of the book takes place in a nudist resort and the owners make up part of the cast of characters.

Characters is an understatement! Which is what made this book an exceptional read!

A town which is only known for its Renaissance Festival and its Nudist Camp, when trouble comes, the seven and a half foot tall, ex-carnie giant, now sheriff, has his hands full trying to act out his roll as top cop in the valley when he's better at playing his natural roll as a big oaf! He tells his story with an endless barrage of euphemisms, colorful metaphors and snarky one liners that had me laughing from cover to cover as he takes you along with him on his adventure as small town cop stuper sleuth!

This is one book that will not disappoint unless you have no sense of humor or you're dead! It has a bit of everything going for it and the cast of characters are just plain fun.

You are sure to enjoy it!

This post was edited

My latest read: How to Take Your Clothes Off written by our own, Matthew McDermott AKA writerguy!

I felt this book was excellent and would consider this a "must read" Nudist Primer for any newbie!
If you know anyone who is curious or considering becoming a nudist/naturist, or if they are new and want to understand more, this is definitely the book for them.

It is very comprehensive, answering virtually every question or concern a budding nudist may have with practical explanations and realistic expectations. All from a "True Nudist" perspective.

Kudos to writerguy for an exceptional piece of literature.

This post was edited

I have read : "How to Take Your Clothes Off" by Andrew McDermott, great concise, but thorough about naturism, advice that is easy to understand and informative to people new to naturism as well as life long devotees.

This post was edited

I have read : "How to Take Your Clothes Off" by Andrew McDermott, great concise, but thorough about naturism, advice that is easy to understand and informative to people new to naturism as well as life long devotees.

This post was edited

Free Lee- do you find these books at a bookstore like Barnes and Noble or do you order them on line , Amazon etc?

This post was edited

my favorite by far:
Naked at Lunch, by Mark Haskel Smith (2016)
"A reluctant nudist's adventures in the clothing-optional world"
New York: Grove Press.

Bought in a bookstore in NYC.

Non fiction, hilarious, but open and positive about nudism/naturism in US and Europe. The writer is not a nudist himself, but he takes a very open attitude and by the end of his journey he embraces nudism, and ends up "naked at lunch".

This post was edited