Is masturbation sin?

I asked a question in another Christian group on here if anyone agreed that masturbation is major sin and I feel like I got ripped in what I said because I am giving up masturbation. So I will ask you all about the same thing, is masturbation a sin?

This topic was edited
RE:Is masturbation sin?

So I will ask you all about the same thing, is masturbation a sin?

I never thought it was, my parents never thought is was and hubby doesn't think it is.

Its a very personal decision and not one others can tell you is right or wrong. If you feel its a sin and are going to stop then we applaud you decision. Its not for us to judge.

Way back in early grade school for each of us my mother had my sister and I look at our vagina with a mirror so we could see our bodily parts. She also explained our clitoris and how it can give us immense pleasure. She left on our own to explore and experiment. Neither of us thought of it as a sin. My mother was an extremely Christian woman and would not have given us that information if she thought it was sinful. It gave us knowledge about our bodies and how to pleasure ourselves so we wouldn't need to have sex before the commitment of marriage.
She also taught us not to judge others who may decide different and to support them in their decision.

This post was edited

I too believe masturbation is quite normal and a very personal decision to be made by everyone. If you choose to no longer masturbate because you believe its somehow wrong I hope you will find peace in your decision. As for me, I will continue to maturvate whenever I feel the need.

Jim

This post was edited

is masturbation a sin?

Masturbation becomes a sin if you think of dirty while doing it. As for what a I know of.

This post was edited

Since very young age I was reading the Bible and the old testament specialy the creation, Adam & Eve and Exodus 203-17 the us the Ten Commandments. In the ten commandments it didn't say Thou shalt not self pleasuring (Masturbate ). I left something out. right now billion of people sinning with there thought and with there action it's not surprise we're human we are not perfect an anyway .

This post was edited

Interesting question. In growing up, my friends always said that the nuns would tell them it was a sin. I never heard that and I've never heard clergy claim it was a sin. I know there are some Bible passages that could be interpreted as though it is a sin. I've never heard any sex therapists discourage the practice, in fact they have all claimed it's normal, Dr. Ruth for example. There are many though that claim it is shameful. You have to do what you have to do.

This post was edited

Always though of it as being healthy and now that I'm older and not having sex as much I believe it is a good way to keep the pipes clean. If it helps keep prostate cancer away then even better. My vision is not as good as it used to be but then they warned us about going blind didn't they? LOL!

This post was edited

Hey, well said Skinman18!

This post was edited

"think of dirty"????

This post was edited

OMG no, it's a sin to believe that religious shit!

This post was edited

I will miss quote this so please save the emails but there is a passage in the Bible that reads, "it is better to put your seed in a whore than to let it hit the ground". Paraphrased. That is where the masturbation being a sin comes from. And thus ends the lesson.

This post was edited