RE:Valley View hot springs/Orient Land Trust

I will be there either the last week of June or first week of July. Not sure if I'm going to get a cabin or not. In the past few years, I had a tent that attached to the back of my minivan, but both the tent and the van have had their last season. It worked out well, as all the "stuff" went in the tent, and I had a fairly nice bed set up in the van. Considering acquiring a camper trailer to replace, but haven't made the plunge yet.John aka cobeachbum

This years trip is scheduled. I will be there June 25 - 30th. Wanted to get a cabin, but screwed around too long deciding on dates. I will be staying in the Oak House. Come say "Hi".

John aka cobeachbum

Here's an picture of my old accommodations:

This post was edited

Im excited to return to VVHS June 20-23.
Ill be in site L, not K as I had posted in error previously
Definitely looking for new acquaintances and friends.
Feel free to say hi
Jayroe

This post was edited

Im excited to return to VVHS June 20-23.Ill be in site KDefinitely looking for new acquaintances and friends.Feel free to say hiJayroe

I won't arrive until the 25th, but a friend will be there at the same time as you. If you run into Steve, say "Hi". He's a semi-professional photographer and is likely to be taking pictures of a model or two, usually in or around "Old Town".

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Im excited to return to VVHS June 20-23.Ill be in site KDefinitely looking for new acquaintances and friends.Feel free to say hiJayroeI won't arrive until the 25th, but a friend will be there at the same time as you. If you run into Steve, say "Hi". He's a semi-professional photographer and is likely to be taking pictures of a model or two, usually in or around "Old Town".John aka cobeachbum

Hey John,
Thank you for the info. If I run into Steve, Ill say hi for sure !
Is Old Town the hike out to the north?

This post was edited

I recommend visiting before the mosquitoes and after the bats arrive. We were driven by the mosquitoes. There is a nearby town which bears the name mosquito in Spanish. They cease to be a problem after the bats migrate there. The bats are an incredible sight in themselves. It is a wonderful facility with free hiking for miles. The views are magnificent the pools natural and friendly.

You are invited to visit our story of Orient Land Trust at TheFreeRangeNaturist.org . There are many pictures and a whole experience described.

This post was edited

The mosquito s can be bad in the summer.

This post was edited

The mosquito s can be bad in the summer.

Only in May and June The migratory bats are usually all there by early to mid June. Takes them a week or so to get the bugs under control. They were a little late this year. The first wave arrived 24th of June, so the bugs were in charge until about 1 July. I usually don't go until mid July, and the bugs are almost non-existent by then.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

That was our first time in June. We are usually there in October and the bugs are much lighter then.

This post was edited

I suspect it is a pretty narrow window if you are a bug at Valley View. Fortunately, we have missed them every time we have visited. Last week was our third time this year. We'll make it down again the second week of September. At least that is the plan now.

This post was edited

OLT has committed to continue to pay staff salaries and health insurance, but as a non-profit, they are strapped. You can help by making a donation. If you are not already a donor, this will make you eligible for membership benefits (earlier reservations being the big one). If you are already a donor, this will bump you to a higher category. All donations are tax deductible if you itemize.

https://www.olt.org/news/item/584-call-to-action-042020c

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited