Hey guys, so Im completey new to the scene of naturalism. Ive always been naked every chance Ive gotten (indoors), but Im way to scared to go out nude or even post on here nude, just because I just grew up with the thought that it was a bad thing. How did you guys build up the courage to take that first step?

This topic was edited
RE:Newbie

Hey Myke. I worked up the courage by taking small steps and rewarding myself for doing them. I think its also important to forgive yourself if it takes some time to get used to being nude. Remember that anyway your bod reacts to the experience is normal :-) good luck!

This post was edited

I have to be honest with you Myke, I just went and did a naked waterski show. I guess I was a closet nudist LOL!

This post was edited

Being nude is like a hammer, you can build a poor person a house or hit someone over the head.

It's what it's used for that makes all the difference. Use it for criminal activity or use it to stay healthy of body and mind.

People get so used to it being misused and abused they loose sight of the good aspect. But get the good aspect in mind and use it for that, and the bad side kind of fades into the background.

This post was edited

First, I want to welcome you to the nudist world.
Thanks for taking the steps to join this site and post your introuduction.

I had and still do have body image issues. I came across nudism early on in the history of the Internet and realized there were other people who looked just like me just doing things without clothes on.

My 1st experience was at a small resort in FL. I went on a weekday, which meant it wasnt that busy. When I was allowed through the gate and parked in the lot, I sat there wondering what in the world I was doing. After a few moments; I stripped off, grabbed my towel (holding it, not wrapping it around me) and walked to the clubhouse. The lady who had let me through the gate was sitting there; I stood behind a recliner, which I realized was once again my way of hiding. We chatted for a while in the clubhouse before she suggested we keep chatting while in the pool. Other people arrived throughout the day. I stayed at that resort for about 5-6 hours before returning home. I was so happy and knew this is something I wanted to continue doing,

This post was edited

Hello Mike, you are getting a lot of good advice to embrace naturism. I just want to share with you that you will have an experience that will be life changing and if that is not enough to encourage you to try social nudity, try it because it will be one moment of your life. You can get all the moments, but the experience will stay with you for a lifetime.

This post was edited

Hello, I'm also taking the first steps to overcome shyness. I always liked to be naked, but I was always naked at home, I am getting used to my nudity little by little, I am naked whenever I am at home, I go out in the hallway of my building naked and almost always leave the curtains open to get used to the idea of seeing me without clothes. I suggest starting little by little so that you can go out into social nudism.

This post was edited