VVHS June 20-23 - Site L

Hello All,
I'll be rolling into VVHS the evening of the 20th and leave sunday early afternoon.
This will be my second time staying for a few days, both this year. I enjoy the serenity, but would be nice to have some conversations and make new acquaintances this time around.
I have site L (edited) reserved for my time there. Car camping in the "Dove", my trusty ford ranger. (see picture).
I plan to hike more this trip too with it being summer. lounging during the heat of the day though, probably.
Feel free to say hey if you see me. I am shy and soft spoken, but welcoming.
Cheers,
Jeremy

This topic was edited
RE:VVHS June 20-23 - Site L

We just got back from Valley View. We'll next be there at the end of July, headed to the Virgin Islands for the end of this month. You will be there on the 21st, which is World Naked Hiking Day. If I was there, I for sure would be promoting a group Naturist Hike. If you need any hiking suggestions, let me know. I have done some long naked hikes that left the OLT, in which case I kept a pair of shorts handy. Black Canyon is my favorite. The trailhead is just off the OLT to the north. You hike out the old railroad bed to get there. Hot Springs Canyon is a little closer, but I have run into more people there. The trailhead is more accessible, and you don't see it if hiking from Valley View (You don't know if there are cars parked there, and it is right off the county road. The Black Canyon TH is harder to drive to.). Have fun. Site L is the next one I want to try out. Site M is my usual because it works well with my trailer.

This post was edited

Not sure why if you reply to a post it carries the photo along.

This post was edited

Black Canyon, eh? I like that it links to an 11mi loop. I think i just found a Plan B for the 20th.

This post was edited

Not sure why if you reply to a post it carries the photo along.

I don't see the photo attached to your reply. I know that it will attach the photo if you reply as a "quote" but none of the replies without quoting have the pic attached, from my view.

This post was edited

Odd. All the replies in this string have the original photo attached but it seems that only I see it. Oh well, it's not important.

This post was edited

Odd. All the replies in this string have the original photo attached but it seems that only I see it. Oh well, it's not important.

Known issue since the last "upgrade". It seems to be random, as it doesn't always happen. I have reported it, but things move slow on TN.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Thank you for letting me know about nude hiking day. That sounds like a great opportunity to meet fellow nudist hikers. I havent hiked anywhere there except to top pond. I am tentatively planning on going up to old town and that canyon above.
I was in G or H previous trip because the upper road to I, J and K was still drifted with snow. I wanted K but it booked the night before I was able to make reservations. L looks great too though.
Virgin Islands are on my list for a trip some day.
Happy nakedness!
Jayroe

This post was edited

You bet Jayroe. There is also a back way up to Top Ponds that leaves from Site K. Its a nice hike. It drops off right neat the top Top Pond and is not hard to find if you look around. It is pretty obvious. There is just one spot where it gets a little confusing where it crosses over a small drainage up the hill from Site K. With runoff the top ponds were 74 degrees. Actually, on a warm day, that really felt good. Also, consider just hiking to the Bat Cave. That is also a really good hike.

This post was edited

I was wondering how much spring runoff affects the pool temps, but cooler pools on hot days is okay by me.
I wondered about the other path near top pond and that makes sense that it goes over to site K. I didnt do much exploring first time there as I didnt want to go somewhere I wasnt supposed to or something but it sounds like its pretty relaxed and open to exploring.
I want to see bat cave and old town Orient too for sure.
Thanks again!
Happy nakedness

This post was edited

Have fun

This post was edited