A Warning for those that love naked time in OBX

Just want to let everyone know that loves the OBX and loves naked time on the beach in the areas between Oregon Inlet and Rodanthe, there is a new US Fish and Wildlife officer that has been there about a year and he is out to ruin your day. And before you say it, yes i know it is illegal. Yesterday, with nobody within about 1 mile of me, i was sitting in my beach chair sunning myself and enjoying the usaual emptyness of the beach i have frequented for the past 10 years. Was a beautiful day but a bit windy. I always set up near the water as it is the farthest point from the dune so if someone does happen to walk over i have time to cover up until i know they are there for naked time too and i have a good view north and south so I can cover up for anyone out for long walks or the bird and turtle folks on ATVs. Well, I stood up to put shorts on and pack up to leave. As i was finishing up, i looked up and see this officer approaching me from the dune line. "Well, Shit!" I thought. He chated for a second and informed me that he had seen me naked when i stood up to put my shorts on from the top of a dune. He informed me that they have a zero toloerance policy on nude sunbathing so needless to say, i did not get off with a warning for my first offence. We walked back to my vehicle so i could provide him with my ID and he wrote me a $180 ticket. ($150 fine $30 court fee). Its not gonna stop me but i am going to have to be more careful after this. About 10 years and i have had no issues until now. The vehicles thay are driving are dark gray, unmarked chevy pickups with black brush guards and a winch on the front and blacked out windows.
Be aware and be on the lookout. They are on patrol and watching from the tops of the dunes.

This topic was edited
RE:A Warning for those that love naked time in OBX

Thanks for the tip. Shame the Ranger doesn't have anything better to do.

This post was edited

I'll be down in August...have you been there since the Ranger paid you a visit?

This post was edited

I have and have had zero issues. Im still on the lookout though. Always scanning the dune tops. Got me a lil gunshy. LOL

This post was edited

I'll be there the 18-27 of Aug

This post was edited

I'll be down around then too. Keep an eye out

This post was edited

The ranger wasn't Jeremy Bucher by any chance, was it? I heard he had been transferred a while back. I remember reading that he had a similar attitude, and was known for prowling the dunes with binoculars.

This post was edited

Nope. Wasn't Jeremy. This guys last name was Martin. Can't remember his first name.

This post was edited

Hate that happened to you. It sure spoils a day when you get a ticket for doing something that should be a God given right to do.
Later,

This post was edited

Anybody know of anywhere else to go between Hatteras and Henrico? I've been gun shy on the OBX for 20 years now. Constantly looking over my shoulder scanning the dunes is stressful, and I'm there to relax- not just trade one stress for another.

This post was edited

Anybody know of anywhere else to go between Hatteras and Henrico? I've been gun shy on the OBX for 20 years now. Constantly looking over my shoulder scanning the dunes is stressful, and I'm there to relax- not just trade one stress for another.

I've heard talk of grandview beach in hampton. I haven't been there yet. I'm still rolling the dice in the obx for now. I've got a better setup with umbrella, chair and cooler placement now so the only way a ranger is gonna see me now is that he has to walk up on me. I just cover up now if i decide to take a nap in case anybody walks over while I'm asleep.

This post was edited