Nudity and Climate Concerns

Someone on another board posted that the increasing global temperature and desire to conserve energy may result in less and less clothing becoming legal and socially acceptable until eventually nudity will be the norm in warm weather.
I don't see this happening, but does anyone else?

This topic was edited
RE:Nudity and Climate Concerns

The climate is truly changing, but the mind set of the general society will not. We as nudists don't understand it, but today's society still finds the naked body disturbing in a open, public setting, and that will be extremely difficult to alter.

This post was edited

We've had a heat wave in the last few days. People around me are wearing less clothes, even wearing more revealing clothes. But, outside of the nudist community, I haven't seen anyone going naked. Yes global warming is happening but nudity will still be a minority interest. The fashion industry will simply make lighter, more airy, clothes for the population to hide inside.

This post was edited

The fashion industry will simply make lighter, more airy, clothes for the population to hide inside.

And they will convince people its the latest rage and stylish so they will spend lots of money turning over their wardrobes.

This post was edited

The fashion industry will simply make lighter, more airy, clothes for the population to hide inside.And they will convince people its the latest rage and stylish so they will spend lots of money turning over their wardrobes.

Ot the increased temperatures and decreased use of air conditioning might created demand with little advertising.

This post was edited

If full nudity in public does not become acceptable, how about less clothing? Shorts accpted everywhere, shirtless men (and possibly topless women) allowed in business establishments, demise of sleepwear and underwear, etc?

This post was edited

I doubt that nudity will ever become the norm for society. Even indigenous people who live in the tropics wear clothing now.

This post was edited

i would like to mention that, for very good reasons, the issue is not "global warming" but "climate change." while europe is currently going through a heat wave, some recent winters there have been extremely cold. likewise, in chicago my hometown. last week we had several days of 90+ temps. so while we might plan for much warmer temperatures in some summers, we should also plan on colder times in some winters. when the temps outside my house were 60 below (with wind chill), i could not keep my house at a reasonable temperature last winter. the heater just couldn't keep up. in that circumstance i put on more clothes in the house and certainly when i went outside. but i will state that i am all in favor of fewer or no clothes when the temps get very high. i just don't expect that dress code to be widely accepted by the general public any time soon.

This post was edited

The fashion industry will simply make lighter, more airy, clothes for the population to hide inside.And they will convince people its the latest rage and stylish so they will spend lots of money turning over their wardrobes.Ot the increased temperatures and decreased use of air conditioning might created demand with little advertising.

Yes, but dont discount the lobbying and marketing power of the billions of dollars in the clothing industry.

This post was edited

Ooigor is absolutely right. Just about every model calls for extreme weather in heat, cold, and storms. Its fiction but there is a good book by Kim Stanley Robinson, 50 Degrees Below about the affects of climate change along with other books of his. He is known for his research in what he writes about. In this case it is the Greenland glaciers melting changing the salinity of the North Atlantic causing the Gulf Stream current to shut down (Ive read published articles talking about this possibility). Shutting down the heat transfer in the Atlantic would have drastic effects.

Anyway, I diverge. What should (but probably would not) is that dress codes etc are relaxed to a dress or dont dress as practical for the conditions.

This post was edited

Well we may find out what the effects of climate change will be in clothing and many other things sooner than many thought with the environmental losses going on. I just read about the fires in Siberia that are going on currently around 2 million hectares or 4,9 million acres. The fires are too remote and too costly to fight so they are waiting for rain and snow while the tundra and permafrost are damaged. Hmmm, I wonder was the cost will be in additional climate change?

siberiantimes.com/ecology/others/news/more-than-two-million-hectares-on-fire-in-siberia-with-turndra-on-fire-destryoing-the-permafrost/

This post was edited