Etiquette

I am nearby a most wonderful clothing-optional property of 150 acres in size here in Queensland, Australia. It's only 30 kilometres door to door for me, so I take my mobile home there a lot. There is an unwritten rule whilst there that sun glasses should not be used. I wonder if people in the wider nudist community are aware of this courtesy?

This topic was edited
RE:Etiquette

Never heard of it.

This post was edited

Ive heard that when meeting people for the first time one should remove sunglasses. It allows you to make direct eye contact. Never heard that you cant wear them after such a meeting.

This post was edited

Its not something weve encountered, but would be happy to oblige if that was the etiquette.

This post was edited

Some light-skinned people find bright light and glare very uncomfortable. One guy running the Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction has to were sunglasses indoors while on stage with the bright lights.

This post was edited

If some nudists are so concerned about being looked over, something we ALL do to one another when we meet, then maybe they shouldn't visit a nude resort or club. I've seen people squint all day long on the pool deck only to complain of a headache when the sun goes down. Doesn't make sense to me/us. We wear our sunglasses to protect our eyes from the sun and I wear prescription glasses and sunglasses so I can see. At any rate, my regular glasses have transition lenses so they darken just like sunglasses! :DDD

I've only heard grumblings from very few about "sunglasses" at nude clubs or resorts. The vast majority of people we've seen at our club and all the clubs and resorts we visit here in the US and even those abroad, wear sunglasses during the day.

This post was edited

What a coincidence.Just seconds before even seeing this topic I was imagining what I'd do if I met someone at Valley View hot springs and was wearing shades - like if I pulled up next to someone in the parking lot on first arrviving there. I don't often wear shades but, if i were, I thought that maybe i should pop them onto my forehead if we got to talking.Come to think of it...something like this happened on my very first visit there. The 2 people either got there minutes before or were just at the car regrouping. They had already stripped down, and i was surprised at them being close to our age or younger. (I had yet to learn about VV's diversity) I got out of the passenger's side, don't think I said anything more than a "hello", if I said anything at all, and went about my business of getting ready to enjoy the place. The shades thing wouldn't have mattered in this case, I guess. It happened too long ago for me to remember much more.Oh, I do* remember my friend being surprised that I didn't observe them more closely. The woman was...somewhere on the driver's side, guy near the boot. That likely explains why.

Are you originally from somewhere outside the US. Don't often hear of "boot" referring to part of a car otherwise.

This post was edited

I am nearby a most wonderful clothing-optional property of 150 acres in size here in Queensland, Australia. It's only 30 kilometres door to door for me, so I take my mobile home there a lot. There is an unwritten rule whilst there that sun glasses should not be used. I wonder if people in the wider nudist community are aware of this courtesy?

An unwritten rule?
Who told you about this unwritten rule?
Who initiated this unwritten rule?
How are visitors informed about this unwritten rule?
What is the reason for this unwritten rule?
Are visitors afraid they are being looked at from behind sun glasses?

This post was edited

Ive never had an issue wearing sunglasses at my favorite nude resort. And I do have a problem if the sun is bright They are also prescription so unless Im reading they are on.

This post was edited

I have prescription glasses covering both reading and distance (astigmatism) which automatically darken in the sun. Should I leave them of in nudist environments?

This post was edited

It is a few years since I've been to Australia but whenever I've been there I was aware how much eye protection(and general sun protection) was promoted. Aussies even commented if we were not wearing wrap-around sunnies. So, I'd be very surprised if this club rule acted on. We went to a good number of nudist places in Australia, clubs, beaches etc and never came across anything similar. We've been to many nudist places in other countries too and never come across any where that people were expected not to wear sunglasses.

I often raise or take off my sunglasses when talking to people, I like to let people see that I'm looking them in the eye, in both nudist and textile environments. As for the reasons why people may people might prefer others not to wear sunglasses at nudist locations, then maybe some people are disconcerted if they cannot see where we are looking. But I agree with the other comments along the lines of so! When we're nude socially we know we're going to be looked at, people get looked at when out in public wearing clothes too! Among nudists it is normal to be nude with others, unless someone is blatantly staring at others I don't see what is the problem with people looking at each other(who doesn't?!). It might be a bit disconcerting for newcomers but after you've taken those first steps in the world of nudists I can't see what other reason anyone might call for the banning of sunglasses.

This post was edited