RE:Is masturbation sin?

Is masturbating sinful?
Some random thoughts (wrt "better in a whore than spilling on the ground"):
Is it the "peter pulling" that's sinful, or ejaculation without the benefit of pussy?
If seed-spilling is the only issue, then the act of jerking without cumming should be OK. That would mean that guys can be spared damnation simply by edging -- until the whore shows up.
Suppose the whore takes "custody" of the seed, then deliberately spills it? Now what?
When the whore takes the seed in an alternate port of entry, do the referees throw a penalty flag?
And if women (not equipped with seed) are allowed to masturbate to climax -- no fair!
Guys, just to be on the safe side, why not cum in jar and FedEx it to a whorehouse?
Keep your FedEx receipts handy to avoid unnecessary delays at the Pearly Gates.

This post was edited

Mass debating in parliament doesn't seem to bring much relief.

This post was edited

So I will ask you all about the same thing, is masturbation a sin?I never thought it was, my parents never thought is was and hubby doesn't think it is.Its a very personal decision and not one others can tell you is right or wrong. If you feel its a sin and are going to stop then we applaud you decision. Its not for us to judge.Way back in early grade school for each of us my mother had my sister and I look at our vagina with a mirror so we could see our bodily parts. She also explained our clitoris and how it can give us immense pleasure. She left on our own to explore and experiment. Neither of us thought of it as a sin. My mother was an extremely Christian woman and would not have given us that information if she thought it was sinful. It gave us knowledge about our bodies and how to pleasure ourselves so we wouldn't need to have sex before the commitment of marriage.She also taught us not to judge others who may decide different and to support them in their decision.

I guess it maybe we come from two different types of Christianity. I am a Southern Baptist Christian Conservative and single here in Western Kentucky and has lived with two sisters that would find masturbation wrong, including my mother

This post was edited

Science tells us masturbation is healthy and pro active for better health. Religion tells us it is a sin. Many of those churches are in the news worldwide for un healthy behavior. I dont understand why folks dont put science first.

That's easy: because science often disagrees with the Bible, no matter how hard some try to fit one into the other.

This post was edited

Thanks, Olly and luvs_the_outdoors. I was trying to recall the story of Onan. I would agree with previous posters that it is up to each person to decide for themselves. Personally, I do not see it as a sin, and if it is then it is the equivalent of a parking ticket (in most cases ). In the Catholic church , it would be a 1 Our Father and 3 HAil Mary's offense. Yes, there are times when it could be wrong, like doing it in public in front of others who do not care to watch. However, I do not see it as wrong for couples to do it for or to each other. Nor do I see it wrong for singles doing it, even if just for release.
As for the prostate cancer argument, it's actually ejaculation that helps prevent the cancer. As Jay Leno quipped about a study claiming masturbation can prevent prostate cancer "if that were true, there wouldn't be any prostate cancer" , lol
Anyhow, have a Happy Easter all!

This post was edited

You really shouldn't feel bad about being at church with other people who it sounds as if you feel are all beacons of virtue but I understand why you feel that way. If you don't know the book I suggest you read The Screwtape Letters by C S Lewis. Apart from being an excellent read, it's very thought-provoking and puts stuff we do which we may not be proud of in context.

This post was edited

If it is a sin, then uam going to Hell, because I masturbate 3 to 4 times a day.If it feels good, do it!

Without declaring myself on masturbation (which I'm not going to do here), I will say that the old "If it feels good, do it!" adage is one of those things that sounds nice and pat, and tends to end (i.e. dismiss) any further consideration or thought--and proves/solves nothing. (BTW, "Freedom of Choice" is another one.)
Consider something else that can "feel good," at least while you're carrying it out: revenge. It sure can make you feel good, at least for the moment. But it can be a destructive and terrible thing. And many would argue that it's immoral--even a sin. Even if it feels good!
If there was never some attraction--even momentary attraction--to sin, we'd never sin. We might not even have a concept of sin.

This post was edited

Why would it be? Why would your God give us sexual pleasure if it was so sinful? I enjoy having sex with my wife as well.

This post was edited

As many denominations teach that masturbation is a sin I don't think that it is. There is no place in the bible that states that it is a sin. But it is a sin if you put Masturbation above God, but that goes with everything; drinking, smoking, tv, etc.

This post was edited

As many denominations teach that masturbation is a sin I don't think that it is. There is no place in the bible that states that it is a sin. But it is a sin if you put Masturbation above God, but that goes with everything; drinking, smoking, tv, etc.

Also if you put it above your wife/husband.

This post was edited