RE:Single Men

I for one am really saddened by being singled out and segregated solely because I have not been able to find the perfect mate - it's like being told to stand in the corner. Couples who openly segregate this way being True Nudists? I think not...

I Agree Kevin that we tend to lump "Single Men" into the pervert category. Not just couples on TN but also at nudist venues. What I hear people and venues say is that it is always a single male that causes the problems and so they decide that they wont even entertain them.

For me the problem is when I want to visit a venue and in reading their policies, I find that I cant visit without a female or being a vetted member of another club.

This post was edited

Unfortunately all single men end up bearing the burden of inappropriate behavior by some "single" men. It is frustrating but totally understandable. Some of the stuff that guys post in comments on womens profiles is simply shocking to me. Because thosnsite like most online spaces has a level of anonymity that theses folks hide behind it is hard for a guy who is on the up and up to be seen beyond the crap. I am the editor of a very well regarded online naturist magazine and have been involved in social nudism for near a decade but I am still regarded with skepticism here. I dont like it but I understand it because many of the safeguards presence in the real word to protect women and weed out the creeps dont exist in online space and efintiely not here.

Having said that it is a bit annoying to have people with a couple profile visit my profile and view only to see them announce "NO SINGLE MALES CONTACT US" when I visit their profile. Just recent one such "person" with a couples profile requested to be added as my friend. I obliged though we had not had much communication. I visited their profile a couple times after as they did mine. I liked a pic and shared innocent comments only to be blocked. So there you go they requested to b friends not me but then they block. I suppose I could be upset but life too short and I know what I am about so I move on.

Lastly I think there are some cliques on this site that can make it hard to make friends. Truth is it has been that way from the very beginning of the site, it just human nature I suspect. So in the end all you can do is just be respectful to people and see if folks accept you or not. If not its not worth it

This post was edited

I am a single nudist male and I can see where you are coming from. The first time I went to a nudist resort alone I was super apprehensive about people thinking I was some sort of weirdo cause I was alone. By a stroke of luck I was in a cabin next to a couple (guy was nudist, woman wasnt) and immediately struck up a conversation and became camp buddies. I quickly realized that if you simply take out the not wearing clothes aspect its just like meeting new people anywhere else. Its actually easier because there are no preconceptions and these new people you are meeting already have something in common :) just be yourself. Also I find that waiting for someone to come talk to you is a waste of time. If you wanna get in that pool volleyball game etc, go ask to join! Most people feel way more comfortable around someone that wants to be part of the group. Thats just my observation. Just be personable. All you can do. :)

This post was edited

I feel your pain, man. I have great trouble making friends even in the "textile world" and trying to find other nudists while under the stigma of being a single man just compounds it.

This post was edited

Yes, I have dealt with this ostracism for years. I am a very friendly non-judgemental, intelligent outgoing man yet single women and couples have dealt with pervs over the years or have had experience where they were as they felt violated. So goes life. I do what I can to become friends and usually it works out. Straight men and I have had conversations.
I usually try to go to beack/parks with a woman. wow, amazing how better received you become.
It is a prejudice that cannot be overcome. Even the nude parks I attend "upcharge" for single men. Ladies are free or heavily discounted. Nothing can be done about this. Society has become this way no matter if it is a clothed honky tonk. Well, screw them. LOL
I'll just do my thing and know inside that there is still a prejudice against single men.

This post was edited

I agree its worse than racism , its discrimination and although not many would admit they may be guilty of this its a real thing. As a solo nudist, married your judged guilty until proven innocent.

This post was edited

So here's my take on this, for what it'sworth given how wet-behind-the-ears I am.

I'm a single male, but being brand new to this forum (I only signed up this morning!) - I'm going to spend a while getting my feet under the table here before even thinking about throwing friend requests around - though to behonest, I didn't really join intending to make friends online, as such.

I'm also pretty new to naturism. For background; I knew my wife would never have been interested, to the point that I never even brought it up with her. But when we split up last year, I realised this was my opportunity - just at a bad time, thanks to you know....pandemic.

I've only just done my first, real-life social meet, and it was absolutely fine. But I know that I'm going to have to work just a little bit harder at being accepted, not necessarily because single men are are treated differently, but because single men can, frankly, be a bit creepy. I'm not doing the old "but I'm not" act (see also, the old "Not All Men" trope!) I'm just saying I accept why people are apprehensive. But as others have said, in my very limited experience (so far!) of real-life, social naturism - even if you're starting at a bit of a disadvantage, as long as it's obvious from the way you act that you're genuine - you'll be fine. And clearly, it's much more difficult on the Internet - profile picture or not. Really welcoming community - just don't be a dick!

This post was edited

You want to know who tracks me down on the hiking trail at the nude resort, tugging their wiener, trying to suck my dick... "straight" married men. That's who. The guy who was just lounging next to his wife for the past few hours... she slept while he scans the pool area constantly. That guy.

Look, gay folk can get laid in 2.5 seconds if we want to. It's really really easy to find a hook up. So honestly, it's absurd to thing gay folk would waste their time and go thru all the trouble/travel to get to a naturist resort when we have the pick of ALL the dick you can imagine within a .5 mile radius of our homes. Personally, I go to naturist resorts to be naked and chill out... I often want to be by myself honestly. My normal life is nothing but social events, dinner parties, bars, boys, cocktails, (and work). So, this is my little escape. Sure, it's nice to meet people along the way, of course, but some of y'all are really just flattering yourselves to think we all want to have sex with you. Maybe say hello and perhaps make a friend or at least make a stranger feel welcome and included before assuming there's ulterior motive there. If they are a creeper (gay/single creeps definitely exist!) then handle that on a case-by-case basis and notify management.

And I'm sure this is kinda the same for straight single men... they can have their fun when they want to as well. But y'all, I'm telling you... it's the hard-up, desperate, hasn't had sex in months, "straight"/married men with a disinterested wife that y'all got to watch out for at resorts! All I'm saying.

This post was edited

I guess it's the old "your mileage may vary" thing, or maybe a regional thing, but so far I've been to three clothing-optional establishments in northern California and Oregon as a single male, and haven't picked up the vibe against single men that others have reported. While I can't say that I've been welcomed with open arms, there hasn't been any overt discrimination when I'm checking in. It could also be that I'm a member of the Naturist Society and show my card when I arrive. This lets them know that I've invested some money in the cause.

In most cases, these resorts require a "tour" of the premises when you go there for the first time. I've been told that while you're shown around the grounds, the people in the office check your name against the national register of sex offenders. If your name comes up, you're denied admission.

I might add that, as far as I could see, these resorts have an attendance ratio of three men for one woman, and most, but not all, of the women are in a relationship with another attendee. At larger events, the ratio seems to be about 5:2 rather than 3:1.

This post was edited

I think you know what I mean by actual naturist, but if not its people who are naturist, not people who join this site just to see images of nude women and other nefarious reasons.I came to this thread because we received a friend request from the OP. He seemed like a genuine guy and I thought he deserved a response . we have hundreds of friends requests and almost all of them are from guys who think we want to have sex with them.The previous friedend request was from a guy asking can we be friends with benefits?This was dumb for a number of reasons, hes not read our profile and we live at the top of the northern hemisphere and he lives at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere. The only thing we have in common is a Fkn time zone. This is typical of the men who contact us from this site.So no I shouldnt generalise, but I stand by what I said.Hi Stevielorna,Well, point taken. You were at least honest about being prejudiced.On this very site, three women who accepted my friend requests have asked me to send them money! Two couples asked me if I pay for pictures/ videos! Another couple asked me if I was willing to sleep with the man because the woman wants to see him with other men! Dont know what to say!There will always be people like that. Should I just assume that all women, or all couples, also are the same? I really dont think that this is the right way to go, especially when everyone talks about being free. You said it yourself - we shouldnt generalize.

You are clearly very new to the internet. The commercial spam profiles are very easy to spot once you know how. This has never happened to me here and it's not useful to take the obvious commercial profiles mistaken for naturists as any benchmark of who is actually here.

This post was edited