RE: Naked Funeral

Interesting...I hadn't thought of this....

This post was edited

I'l be naked face down , so the world can kiss my ...........

This post was edited

I'l be naked face down , so the world can kiss my ...........
And the priest will have somewhere to park him bike :)

This post was edited

My personal view is that funerals are for the living.
I won't be there anymore than I'm still a part of my last discarded used car ! ( IMHO )
Therefore, whatever those that remain decide, is fine with me !
I won't make any "last requests" that could have any chance of restricting the options of those who loved me best.
Most pretty much already know that MY preference is, much like my father before me, to seal the trash bag real good, and leave my remains at the curb.
Let the county worry about it, at someone else's expense. ( for a change )
They also know that my strongest wish is that they do whatever is best for them, since I'm not there.

This post was edited

Bringing back a blast form the past. I was just telling my wife (not a nudist) that it would be great to have a nude funeral service, meaning me in the casket wearing my birthday suit and encourage any to attend in the same manner. Perhaps encourage those who have not yet taken the opportunity to participate in a public nude event to try it for the first time by giving out door prizes to those who participate in my wishes.

I think it could be a great way to lighten the mood and share my sense of humor one last time. It might help her find what she is looking for in my replacement as well.

This post was edited
RE:Naked Funeral

I like this thread. It made me think.One can take a humorous approach or skip right past the humor and really get in there. Or maybe a bit of both?Is a memorial for me, or for them? Will this be a happy celebration? If so, where's the bouncy castle? The focus is on life, not death, so my dead body is not gonna be the focus until the burial and that comes later. Perhaps images from my life, which will surely include me doing a naked handstand on rock that overlooks a beautiful vista. I liked clothes while i was alive so photos, slideshows, or whatever will contain a good ratio either state.For the burial, I dig my own hole while I'm still able. I pay someone that genuinely despises to help me do it. Heck, they might just do it for free.Or, if you're a poor planner and wait til you're unable to dig your own hole, have people who love you gather round and have a good old fashion hole diggin'. You supervise, point, and laugh from your wheelchair. Afterward, you joke about it until the Fated day comes. Folks gather and commemorate on that darn hole diggin' day, memories abound.I'm wrapped in a shroud, buried beneath a tree. No casket, no expensive suit, no fuss. Anyone who speaks better know me really well and do it for free, cuz I'm headin' out on the cheap.

Great if you can get away with it. Most states require burial in a casket at a cemetery done by a funeral director.

This post was edited

Did you try Google?

This post was edited

Yeah i had thought of that but chose to keep it non-governmental. I mean...what if you have your own land? I believe neither Colorado, Georgia nor Alabama has laws against it, but yeah a funeral director is likely involved.

Don't know about those states, but I do know that private back yard burials are illegal in NJ and PA.
Some of my in-laws researched it.

This post was edited

I LIKE that idea! What a great idea!!!

This post was edited

It is relatively easy to do. A local friend's body was left to a hospital recently and the way in which everything was handled was very well done, even to the widow getting a phone call to say that "they had received him and were taking care of him"
I'll try to find out how everything was organized and post on here or email you. I trust you're not planning on going any time soon.

This post was edited