Current Conditions 2019:

Scroll to the later comments for the most recent conditions (I am deleting older posts so that more current conditions are near the top):
I know people read this group. Sadly I seem to be the only one interested in communicating about the Rez though. Please feel free to comment.
Standard considerations if you plan on going:

1. Topless is completely legal for both men and women. Actually, thong bottoms are all you need, gender equal.
2. No, it's not technically legal to be completely nude, but has been happening for decades. Be smart and respectful.
3. Try wait for the leaves to come in on the trees and shoreline vegetation.
4. Put something over your lap when walkers and dog walkers come past.
5. Please don't set up in full view of everyone. Discretion is the key here.
6. Watch for the patrol boats. If you're in the water and they see you, they will come over and make you get out, so pay attention.
7. Best to bring friends, still try to not be out in the open. There are trees and shrubs for shade and some privacy. Use them.
8. Bring bug spray just in case. The best days are hot and sunny with a 8-10mph wind.
9. The water level fluctuates throughout the spring/summer/fall. High water makes for easier swimming, but less beach spots. Medium is perfect. Low water ends up giving you dog walkers between you and the water. The good thing, they are generally already know about nudists and still keep walking through there. They still don't want displays...so be respectful.

This topic was edited
RE:Current Conditions 2019:

Is it legal there?

This post was edited
RE:Current Conditions 2019:

Short answer: No

Long answer: Boulder passed a law in 2010 banning nudity, which is a positive...and a negative. Public nudity is now a misdemeanor and you "could" receive a ticket. That means the officers don't have to use the state public indecency statutes, which are bad and completely inappropriate for nudists.

So, if you're trying to lie in the sun and are not trying to be seen (I don't care about being seen at all, but I know some people don't want to see me, so that means I'm trying to not be seen...for their benefit) then you should be OK. That means you would wait for the leaves (April/May...I'll post when they're coming in) and find a peaceful and somewhat secluded spot. It also means you will try to see people coming and have shorts ready to put on your lap as they get close enough.

As always, if there are a few people (especially co-ed) you are more likely to be viewed positively. Bring a friend, preferably a woman, because friends are cool, and mixed gender nudists are viewed more positively than a lone male. Sucks...but it's a fact.

I will be there in the summer, trying to enjoy the sun and protect everyone else at the same time. Hope you can make it out.

This post was edited