World Naked Gardening Day

World Naked Gardening Day will be May 2nd this year. Don't have a garden behind a fence? The Orient Land Trust has a naked gardening day on their farm that day. I for one hope to give it a go this year. I also want to do a group hike down there or somewhere on World Naked Hiking Day, I think it is June 22nd this year. Support our World Naked Days! It gives us another excuse for shedding the textile.

This topic was edited
RE:World Naked Gardening Day

World Naked Hiking Day is on Summer Solstice, which is actually June 20th (Saturday) this year. It also happens to be Fathers Day this year.

This post was edited

Thanks for the correction. I knew it was a day off the usual 21st, but I went the wrong way. I'm bummed because it looks like I will be travelling on May 2nd and will have to miss gardening at the OLT. :(

This post was edited

That' s bummer that you're going to miss the OLT gardening. I typically have some plants growing in pots at that point and tend to transfer at least one of them (usually a pepper) to the garden at night for World Naked Gardening Day. Neighbors....oh well. I can't walk in my backyard nude during the day. I can get away with it at night. If it's a full moon, I'll go closer to midnight.

I really wish I could just spend a few hours gardening. OLT sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I could get there for that event.

This post was edited

Well, while there is nothing good about Covid19, it will likely cancel my trip at the end of April, so Naked Gardening Day at the OLT may be back on for me. Assuming the world hasn't ground to a complete halt. I will also guide my first geology tour of the year in early May there. I am planning on doing a new tour called A Walk Through Geologic Time where I will discuss past environments, climates, evolution, and mass extinctions. It will be about a three mile clothing optional hike on the OLT property.

This post was edited

Well, while there is nothing good about Covid19, it will likely cancel my trip at the end of April, so Naked Gardening Day at the OLT may be back on for me. Assuming the world hasn't ground to a complete halt. I will also guide my first geology tour of the year in early May there. I am planning on doing a new tour called A Walk Through Geologic Time where I will discuss past environments, climates, evolution, and mass extinctions. It will be about a three mile clothing optional hike on the OLT property.

Thats sounds like a good tour. Please let us know what dates you will be doing the tour. I would like to attend.

This post was edited

Alas, tomorrow is Naked Gardening Day. I was hoping to partake in the OLTs event on the Everson Ranch. May be next year. I'll do some work on our little greenhouse. All the rest of our beds just would create too much of a sensation in the neighborhood, and I would make the police blotter in the paper. "Police responded to a report of a naked man working in his garden." Anyone else going to do some naked gardening?

This post was edited

Alas, tomorrow is Naked Gardening Day. I was hoping to partake in the OLTs event on the Everson Ranch. May be next year. I'll do some work on our little greenhouse. All the rest of our beds just would create too much of a sensation in the neighborhood, and I would make the police blotter in the paper. "Police responded to a report of a naked man working in his garden." Anyone else going to do some naked gardening?

I always plant flowers in a flower box I made outside of the kitchen window for my wife for Mothers Day. I usually wait till the Saturday before but today may just as good.

This post was edited