Who Turn You On To Coffee and When?

I remember drinking coffee (it was mostly creme and just a little of coffee for color) with my parents when I was in the first grade. I am now 61 and getting ready to turned 62 year. John

This topic was edited
RE:Who Turn You On To Coffee and When?

I was young as well. My mother was a coffeeholic! She drank coffee all day long and it didn't matter if the pot was made in the morning and sat all day with just a couple cups left in it, she'd reheat it and drink it til it was gone! She'd died and gone to heaven when she got her first microwave oven. Nuking her coffee, instead of reheating on the stove, she was giddy! :DDD

This post was edited

I did the same thing with my gram when I was little!!! Such good times!!!

This post was edited

It sounds as though we're all in the same boat...I was in early elementary school when I started drinking 'coffee'. I had a special cup and had coffee with a lot of milk in it. That was part of the morning routine. My Mom sat the cup in the corner of the kitchen counter for me to use when I got up. I don't drink a lot of coffee but the one to two cups in the morning is the way to start the day.

This post was edited

Hi all,
I became a serious coffee drinker while serving in the Navy.

This post was edited

Not a serious coffee drinker until I joined the Navy in 1965. The slop we used to make would turn my stomach now!

This post was edited

I started drinking coffee at age 29 and will only drink it black. My parents enjoyed coffee and I always enjoyed the smell, but never like it until something switched in my taste buds. I'm a daily coffee drinker now. Nude in the morning whenever possible, of course!

This post was edited

In 1982 I was 10. Was spending time with some cousins due to our grandfather being in the hospital. It was that vending machine coffee with creme and sugar.

This post was edited

I started drinking coffee in first grade, I think it was. It would have maybe 3-4 table spoons worth of milk added to cool it off so I could drink it. Later I went to the powdered creamer when I got to where I could drink it at full temperature. When I was in the USN working in the engine rooms of the ship, we couldn't always get creamer, just grounds, so I got used to drinking it straight up and have been drinking it that way ever since. In the past after that, I would occasionally put powdered creamer in my coffee for nostalgic purposes. I did find that if you put the powder in first, then pour the coffee there is no need to stir it, as the turbulence of the coffee going in does that for you. Anybody else do it that way?

This post was edited

My mother drank it black my whole life. I drank it cream and a dash of coffee till joined military, then black.

This post was edited

My parents and grandfather (mother's side). At our home and at my grandfather's farm there was always freshly made coffee in the morning. I do not remember exact at what age but at certain moment you can't resist the smell of freshly made coffee any longer :-))

This post was edited