Scared and excited

Hi everyone

This is my first step on the road to nudism and I'm pretty scared but also very excited. I've always enjoyed being naked at home, but sadly my partner doesn't like it so I dont get much opportunity.

I've always wanted to hang out naked with someone/group but nerves and worry about if my partner found out have always put a stop to that. I'm hoping I'm not alone in this and it would be good to hear how others have managed this situation.

This topic was edited
RE:Scared and excited

Which do you value more, your partner or exploring social nudity? If it was me I'd either work it out with my partner or keep my clothes on when out of the house. But that's just me.

This post was edited

Talking with partner, being honest and compromise is the best way to go. My wife did not like me nude around the house either when we started living together, almost 20 years now. I did tell her that being nude was more comfortable for me and always made me happier. I made a deal with her that since I sleep nude (she has no issue with that), it did not make sense to get dressed, have breakfast, then undress to shower. It would make me much happier to have breakfast nude, then I would wear something when she was home. She agreed and nudity at breakfast became normal, she got used to it and after a few months didn't even notice it anymore. So of course, on weekends, I would prolong breakfast as much as possible and take care of dishes before putting some clothes on, often just a pair of shorts. I made sure I thanked her every so often for 'putting up' with my nudity, that this was important to me and made me happy. Long story short, I slowly increased my time nude after breakfast when possible and she became more and more accepting. Within a year or so, she stopped caring whether I had clothes on or not, with some eye rolling at times, but with a smile because she knew I was happier. She is even ok with me stopping at an isolated beach near our house after work for a cooling swim in summer where other people do the same, most of us naked.
So moral of story, communicate, compromise, be patient and understanding of his/her point of view.

This post was edited

I think you will find others on this site who have partners who aren't as enthusiastic. Would be great to hear more from them.

But I will say keeping a secret like this from your partner would be the worst decision. First, it's just dishonest and any appearance of dishonesty will take down any relationship. Second, it frames nudism as a shameful activity that needs to be hidden even from your closest people, which is not true. Third, they will find out some day with 100% certainty anyway, and that will be a less desirable conversation.

I'm not saying you are a dishonest person, I understand that you are in what seems to be a stressful predicament, but it's easy for non-nudists to jump to the worst case scenario conclusion if they just sit in an information vacuum. So you're better off being honest and controlling the narrative. (This also doesn't mean you need to broadcast it to the world, but that's a different topic).

This post was edited

My wife is also rarely nude at home but has adjusted to me being nude most of the time in warm weather when it is just the two of us.
Don't know if this will work for you, but it is something I tried when I was starting to spend more time at home nude. My wife often wears pajamas or occasionally a nightgown around the house. When she was doing so, I would tell her that if she was in her nightwear, I might as well be in mine and took everything off!

This post was edited

Be a man. Tell your "partner" that you will only be nude in YOUR half of the house. Stand your ground, or forever get run over.

This post was edited

a way of telling your partner can be that you organise a trip to a nude beach... for example on holidays make sure there is nude beach near by and then try to visit and see how he likes it... this is part of the way I used to tell my wife how much I like nudism.... and hey - it did work at the end :)

This post was edited

Talking with partner, being honest and compromise is the best way to go.definitely. I am fortunate that although my wife isn't a nudist, she allows me to be nude whenever I want around the house unless our kids are home which usually involves their girlfriends. Now that we are empty nesters and I work from home I am nude most of the time unless doing yard work in the front yard. And sometimes I even get away with that. I've even gone as far as letting her know what my password is on here if she ever wanted to check up on me which she doesn't.

This post was edited