Portland, Oregon area camping

Are there any nude campers in the Portland Oregon area?

This topic was edited
RE:Portland, Oregon area camping

there are two resorts North plains and Squaw mountain out of Estacadca and two day area on the river, or just go camp in the mountains off road, nudity isn't against the law in Oregon or Washington,

This post was edited

In Oregon, there is no state law against simple nudity. In Washington there absolutely positively is. There is no federal law against nudity, but some agencies do restrict where and when it is permissible. HOWEVER!!! Some federal agencies have adopted state laws for certain lands, often depending on whether the federal reserve was established before or after the state was established. I strongly recommend checking with the local office for the particular agency as to the status on the land they manage.

This post was edited

BOTH, Washington and Oregon are open to nudity, not againest the law as long as it isn't lewd , we go campinig a lot in the northern part of Eastern WA. and yes it is Nude camping, however we are respectful of others while walking around others. our camp sites are well chosen but not hidden, We also drive nude on the back roads and some times on the highways in the convertible as well.

This post was edited

Where do you get your information? Washington has no laws against simple nudity, we have the same set up as Oregon,

This post was edited

Former LEO in Washington State

Some jurisdictions may choose not to enforce some laws, but that doesnt make it legal. Conviction in Washington puts you on the Sex Offenders Registry for life. Not worth it!

This post was edited

Indecent exposure statue is still on the books. The text leaves you susceptible to charges based on the whims/attitudes of witnesses present. Please read the text of the statute yourself. RCW 9A.88.010

This post was edited

I like the Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon and the Sawtooths in Idaho for my nude camping. It is remote enough that you can basically do what you want and you're on federal lands that don't have laws against nudity! Going in July and can't wait!!

This post was edited