Outlander

I am currently watching the series Outlander, now available on Netflix and they use full and partial nudity, either brief exposure or sometimes long involved scenes to enhance the story. They have done it to show injuries and scars, such as with Jamie's bare back or showing Claire dressing, undressing or bathing. There was a short scene in a brothel where they show a fully nude woman in the blurred out background. We might not be sure where we are but her exposed body clues us in immediately. Within half a minute we have talk of money exchanged for sex and we see women exposing their breasts, but the prolonged view of a room with men and women and one woman fully nude sets the scene. This is in episode 7, the wedding episode and this brief scene is hardly significant compared to the scenes between Jamie and Claire in their wedding chamber. The first lovemaking scene shows Claire still in her thin shift and Jamie's kilt is off, obviously nude from the waist down as they make love, more of a quick fuck as Jamie loses his virginity and do their necessary consummating of the marriage. But later, after they spend time revealing themselves through intimate talk and a true joining and true consummating of spirits and souls takes place, we have the exquisite beauty and vulnerability of their fully naked bodies as they truly make love. Jamie's horribly scarred body ( we have already by this time, seen the bloody sadism of Randall's whipping scene when those scars were inflicted) exposed as they make love add power and intensity. And Claire's physical nudity adds to the knowledge we have that she has truly opened herself up to him as they both obviously orgasm in each others arms. It's a beautiful scene. Two episodes later we will see a couple of attempted rape scenes and the brutality and real sheer violence and horror of those scenes are brought forward by the ripping of clothes and exposed bodies, but the beauty of Jamie's and Claire's exposed naked bodies as they remove their emotional guard with each other, is quite cinematically beautiful.

This topic was edited
RE:Outlander

One of my favorite shows!

This post was edited

This series is definitely on my radar to start watching!

This post was edited

The whole series is great for enjoying. I dont know how the actors are able to stay naked with the temperature that are so low.

This post was edited

Good series too beyond just the sex - actually has a story line.

This post was edited

At the very end of the first season of Outlander, the male lead gets rape in prison. The scene is very explicit and nudity is involved.

This post was edited

At the very end of the first season of Outlander, the male lead gets rape in prison. The scene is very explicit and nudity is involved.
I remember reading that chapter in the book and wandering how a film would handle it.

This post was edited