The benefits of sleeping nude

There are definite health benefits of sleeping nude. Not only does nudity feel awesome, its also good for your health:

-You will sleep better since removing your clothes or robe or whatever and getting totally naked will help you snooze more soundly. Your body temperature declines as you doze and climbs before you wake up, but clothing can interfere with this natural fluctuation. The extra insulation can make you too hot as your temperature drops, leading to tossing and turning and waking up sweaty in the middle of the night. Cooling down tells your body that its time to sleep, so sleeping naked and allowing your body temperature to go down

It can actually help you fall asleep faster.
Not only does cooling your body help you fall asleep faster, it also improves your overall sleep quality. Experts suggest that the ideal temperature for your bedroom is somewhere between 60 and 67F (15 to 19C). If its too cold or too hot, you risk impacting your rapid eye movement sleep, which is the dream stage of sleep that helps refresh your brain and body. Sleeping naked is one way to stay cool beneath the covers.

- Because sleeping naked can help increase your overall sleep quality, it can also improve your skin.
One small study looked at whether poor sleep limited the skins ability to heal from a small wound. They split participants into three groups one that received adequate sleep, one that was sleep deprived, and a third that was sleep deprived, but received extra nutrients. What they found was that the group that slept well recovered faster than the other two groups. And the extra nutrition? It didnt make a significant difference in how fast the wounds healed.
This shows that getting enough sleep could help your skin to recover and stay healthy, and if sleeping naked helps that happen, even better.

- Reduces stress and anxiety:
Its no secret that poor sleep has a major impact on your stress levels. Studies suggest that poor sleep is linked to depression and even increased suicide risk. While stress and anxiety can both cause insomnia, its important to remember that improving your sleep quality and getting enough sleep may help.

- Prevents weight gain:
If youre having problems falling asleep, it could be wreaking havoc on your life in many ways. One study followed over 21,000 people for three years and found a possible link between inadequate sleep and weight gain. Individuals who reportedly slept equal to or less than 5 hours per night were more likely to gain weight. Another way sleeping naked could help keep you trim? Keeping your body colder at night may help boost your calorie-burning abilities. A small study following five men discovered that exposure to cooler temperatures, around 66F (19C), helped their bodies increase brown fat activity.

- Lower risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes:
If you arent getting enough sleep at night, you could be at risk for diabetes or heart disease. A 2010 Trusted Source study looked at data from 1,455 people over six years and found an association between lower sleep duration and increased risk of diabetes, which in turn can raise your risk for heart disease. By sleeping naked, you may increase your ability to fall asleep faster and stay asleep, which could make all the difference when it comes to your health.
- Increases male fertility:
A recent study of 656 males suggested a link between wearing tight-fitting underwear and lower sperm count. Men who reported wearing boxers had a higher sperm concentration and total sperm count than those who wore tight underwear. Sleeping naked is a great way to keep testicles cool and at an optimal temperature for sperm health.

- Boost self esteem:
Sleeping naked is also a great way to get in touch with your body and boost your self-esteem. One study found that spending time naked helped boost self-esteem and overall body image, which is definitely a win when it comes to embracing self-love.

- Improve your relationship:
While sex can be a great part of your relationship, sleeping naked with your partner can be just as wonderful. In fact, one study discovered that skin-to-skin contact between adults stimulates the release of oxytocin, which plays an important role in building attachment between partners. Even better? Touching your partner is also great for your health not just your relationship and sleeping naked is a fantastic way to reap both benefits.
- The takeaway
Even if you arent comfortable sleeping completely naked, reducing the number of layers you wear at night or even just ditching your underwear is an easy way to take advantage of these benefits.

When it comes to sleep, the important thing is that youre taking steps to ensure youre getting enough good sleep.

This topic was edited
RE:The benefits of sleeping nude

Great list and all, but the only reason I ever needed to sleep naked is that it feels really, REALLY good.
It's like a drug, I can't go back to sleeping with clothes on. The day I started sleeping naked was the day I started sleeping.

This post was edited

This information is frequently posted on nudist forums. Its authenticity is questionable because no sources are given. Who studied this and found these results?

Yes, I sleep nude, but not because of potential health or sleep benefits. I do it because that has been my preference for almost 70 years.

This post was edited

You are welcome my friend.
Terry

This post was edited

But it also have some very positive attributes for us.
Love and stay a nudist.
Hickguy

This post was edited

Actually, I found it in the medical literature, since I am a retired physician for the past 48 years. Glad to enjoy sleeping nude, just like I do.
Hickguy

This post was edited

Great information., I have been sleeping nude for 27 years now and it's the only way to sleep.
Thanks for this post.

This post was edited

Personal experience convinces me that it is definitely good for your marriage.

This post was edited

I discovered the pleasure and comfort of sleeping naked at the age of 12 - promptly sold all my pajama - and for over five decades since then I have never missed them ...

This post was edited

Where and how did you sell them? I wouldn't think that there would be a market for used pajamas for older boys.

This post was edited

Where and how did you sell them? I wouldn't think that there would be a market for used pajamas for older boys.

Unless you are a celebrity I can't imagine anyone buying them. Even the charity shops would not want used PJ's. They could be torn up and converted to dusters or floor cloths.

This post was edited