RE:"what would you like to do nude that you havent done naked yet?

It's an interesting conversation. Maybe the woman who made the original comment believes naturism to be outdoors, being "one with nature" and if that is her definition, so be it, clearly it's not the same as others here. I wonder did the original poster of this topic ask that question.

It's like the regular discussion between the definitions of naturism & nudism, it doesn't bother me but some have strong views. Walking around publicly naked where clothed people are could be considered freedom or it could be thought of as exhibitionism, people will have different views.

As people who like to live nude (lucky for those in climates that facilitate this) or be nude as often as possible (maybe the majority here) I think we should be educating others to consider an alternative view so that our preferences are accepted without a bad reaction, accusation or allegation.

This post was edited

It may not necessarily be naturism, but still fall into the category of nudism. There can still be a bit of a blurred line between the two. Some seem to think naturism and nudism are one and the same, just two different words for the same thing. This doesn't necessarily have to be the case. BOTH want to experience life naked, like the way they(we) were born. Naturists may want to try to be one with nature, out in the woods, fields, deserts or whatever, where as nudists may seek out places with more regular amenities that the modern world has to offer. To me, a naturist would have their body in a more complete natural state, and a nudist may choose to make some changes. Point being, a nudist may shave certain areas or the whole body, have tattoos, body piercings, etc., and a naturist does none of those things. Does someone who calls themselves a naturist but have shaved areas or whole body shaved, tattoos, piercings or whatever actually a naturist, or are they really in fact a nudist who likes to be in natural settings? Also, if a "naturist" prefers to be in a more man made setting, like a resort or someone's backyard or other something similar, rather than out in the woods away from modern conveniences, are they truly a "naturist"? Like I said, it can be a bit of a blurred line between the two terms and not everyone has it quite figured out in their mind the potential differences between the two. So while viewing an art exhibit while nude may not qualify as naturism, it could well still be considered a form of nudism, that naturists and nudists can both enjoy together in a nudist environment, even though it's not totally natural. If there's that much of a divide between nudists and naturists, how come there is not a website called True Naturists? BTW, I consider myself more in the nudist category, but labels like that can add to the confusion more than help.

This post was edited

. ....I wonder did the original poster of this topic ask that question.......

No I didn't ask the lady who declared ".....that's not naturism....." what her definition of naturism is. As I said I'd asked her what the difference to us being nude at an art gallery or in a theatre to attending the music events at the nudist club we were at and she dismissed them all as not being of interest to her, or naturist. I sensed that she might get a bit agitated if I pursued the topic any further, it seemed to be an emotional subject for her, I wasn't looking to upset anyone, we'd had a great weekend and wanted that to be our main memory of the time there.

This post was edited
RE:"..that's not naturism..."

Isnt a naturist simply feels better when living life naturist
In tune with nature

This post was edited

Nik_Nudist: I went to the play Disrobed the first Saturday in November 2019. Like you, I found it a wonderful fun experience where the actors were all nude and the audience was all nude!. And its by it being performed in a very small theatre venue made it even better. The wineand cheese party afterwards with both the cast and the audience nude was delightful. The actors were not nudists per se. but they enjoyed the experience without question! Im not sure how many of the audience were nudists or not but it didnt really matter! I plan to go again if and when it is staged. With the current virus pandemic, obviously that may be quite a while. Regardless, I hope to have that same experience again!

This post was edited

I've been in a nude audience for Hair. I've also done a sponsored nude hike. I was lined up to appear naked on national TV but the pandemic (or the restrictions to control it) put that on hold.

This post was edited

Indeed, there are many views on what nudism/naturism is all about for them. There is the train of thought that it's all about being naked outdoors, communing with nature, reconnecting to the natural world. Then there are those that only go nude at nudist clubs, or maybe a nude holiday at a resort. Further down the line is those who only are naked when when skinny dipping. To me, nudism is about making a choice to not wear clothes when we would other wise do so. Such as in the home, the garden, hiking, swimming, playing a sport, relaxing, reading a book, cooking and the list goes on. When I found out that nudism was an actual lifestyle, I found myself just stripping off all the time no matter what I was doing. To me it made sense to be nude than clothed. Back then I started finding out why or where people got nude, and just like this conversation, I found the reasons were varied. From this I defined my own nudism, and that is, living nude, doing anything nude. This encompassed anything nude as aforementioned above. No matter our title we give ourselves, we have made the choice to not wear clothes. whether it be for 30 minutes or 30 days straight. To me there is no right or wrong, it really comes back to what we are comfortable doing. I am comfortable being nude. Simple choice for me.

That is a very accepting way of how to both how and when other nudists are naked and how you live your own life as a nudist. Individual circumstances can vary so much that we can't all live nude in the same ways. Its often said that nudists can be more accepting of others than textiles are, when that is the case, it works very well.

This post was edited

My only gripe is when nudists/naturists incorporate the word "naturalist" as part of the definition of nudism. Nudist/naturist, nudism/naturism are similar in that they describe a lifestyle of living without clothing... you pick your own environment/s in which you prefer to be nude. A naturalist is;

naturalist
[naCH()rlst]

NOUN
an expert in or student of natural history.
synonyms:
natural historian, life scientist, wildlife expert, biologist,s botanist, zoologist [more]

Some like to make up their own labels and definitions so they don't have to appear... conforming. It should be about using the English language the way it is suppose to be used and use words and their definitions correctly. When so called nudists/naturists use the term "naturalist" in place of naturist or as yet another sub label of nudism, it makes them seem unknowledgeable about the lifestyle.

Such as "lifestyle" has lost it's true meaning because swingers didn't want to be called swingers or be outed as swingers/wife swappers/partner sex swappers, so they re-labeled themselves "lifestylers." Not we have some nudist/naturists that don't like that we use the term, nudist lifestyle. They don't want to be associated with "lifestylers ", as many of us also do not, or the word lifestyle. That's my gripe!

This post was edited

naturist, nudist or naturalist - all 3 words have their own definitions.
i suspect some naked folk (probably newer ones) have not attended to differences in usage.
When we bring it up in discussions, a learnable moment has presented itself. we all start as novices, then grow from there.

This post was edited

Words are indeed misused, it seems many are losing the ability to select the correct word for what they are trying to say. I agree, Naturalist should be used to denote a branch of science, the study of natural things.. I read some years ago that the difference between Nudist and Naturist is where you live in the world. USA - Nudist , UK - Naturist. I do not know how true that is as the internet is full of misinformation. ..

and then are those that are like Di and I. We live naked and do almost everything possible naked. When in nature, we prefer to be naked as well but it's not ALWAYS possible and we don't always seek out places in nature where we can be naked, only. So, since we don't mind being labeled one way or another, are we nudist/naturists or naturists/nudists. If a naturist ONLY gets naked in nature, then the definition applies but for those that prefer being naked always and everywhere, including nature, then nudist should apply and the difference would be that naturists are only naked in nature.

I agree, this all may be petty semantics but we should be encouraging the use of the English language correctly and getting naked as much as possible, alone or with others, as much as we can. It's good for the mind and soul. ;D

This post was edited