Barbequeing what y'all like to grill

This Sunday I was BBQueing a brisket,veges, with stuff peppers rapped in bacon.
Well I get to wondering what y'all like to cook out on the pit and are you a gas,bricket, or wood parson. I do both brickets and wood the gas gives me a headache.

Oww I do cook in the buff do you?

This topic was edited
RE:Barbequeing what y'all like to grill

Can't do it nude, but I am happy to be grilling a good ribeye, chicken legs, and bratwurst. One of those tree is done sometime during the week even when snow reaches to the bottom of my Weber charcoal grill. I only use Kingsford not only because they are good, but were invented only 129 miles from here.

This post was edited

Steaks, chops, burgers. My grill is outside our privacy fence and I didn't realize until last year that there were no sight lines from any of our neighbor's yards so that was the first time I grilled nude. Use propane. Too impatient for wood or charcoal. Can't grill nude often because our grandson spends most of the summer at our house.

This post was edited

I prefer charcoal or wood pellets for grilling. For grilling, I have found that the meat fat (grease) burning off the lava rock in the grill tends to give the food a flavor that gives me indigestion. For that reason I dont generally care for gas grills.
For smoking, propane or gas allows for better temperature control. We started smoking with charcoal, but quickly moved to gas. About 2 years ago, we upgraded from our old Webber charcoal kettle grill, and safe style smoker to a Traeger pellet cooker. It works great, and gives very good flare to whatever we cook on it, but it does use a fair bit of pellets. Weve already gone through a 20 pound bag of pellets so far this year, but thats smoked a few chickens, a brisket, and grilled lots of items.
We have found that with the pellet cooker, we can cook casseroles and many other items on the grill so we have done so many different things, but my favorites are still the steaks, boneless pork chops, and brats. Last night I grilled a skirt steak to make tacos and it was delicious. A favorite of ours is to slice some potatoes, then place them on foil with some olive oil, add in some rosemary and thyme, and if you like, some seasoned ground beef, then toss on the grill for a while to cook it all together. Another my wife has done is to take some sliced potatoes in a pan, layered with seasoned ground beef and cream of mushroom soup, then topped with some cheese, and cooked on the pellet cooker. The cherry pellets add just a hint of cherry to the dish, and it makes a quick & simple meal.

This post was edited

Have used propane most of my life, but in the recent years really starting to prefer open pit wood fires for both flavour and ambiance. Actual culinary results are more challenging, and can be inconsistent, but there is something about the whole experience that is satisfying.

We like mixing up the offerings. Some quick stuff such as thin burger patties and traditional hot dogs, and some slow cooked items such as ribs and larger cuts, and a mess of corn, peppers, squash, and the like going the entire time.

Squatting naked in front of an open pit fire is its own rewarding experience, too.

This post was edited

LOL

Just don't squat too close

This post was edited

Got a new Napoleon gas grill this year with rotisserie. Typically burgers, chops, steak, veggies. Been doing lots of wings and chicken parts in the rotisserie basket with the back infrared burner. Nude when possible..:)

This post was edited