RE:LETS ASK TRUE NUDISTS TO GET RID OF THE PRIVATE OPTION

It's a vexed topic. I tend to switch my privacy settings on or off from time to time - it all depends on whether I'm getting too many random friend requests from blank accounts.

I agree with a couple of the posters so far - the OP needs to clarify whether their beef is with PRIVATE profiles, or BLANK profiles? Some comment sreferring to private profiles make reference to not having any information or photos in their profile - if these were PRIVATE profiles, they couldn't see the profile regardless?

Whilst some people have no issue with "baring all" online, and demand everyone else do the same - I wonder how they'd feel about standing on their local nude beach, with 10,000 people hiding in the dunes watching them? Because that's what is happening online!

I have full nude pics, with face, on my profile. However, I have the privacy settings set to "Certified Friends Only". Certification is super easy - and is the best way I can see to sort out the TRUE nudists from the creepers.

I don't take issue with private profiles - everyone has their reasons. I usually send a friend request just to see what's behind the veil. Quite often they are certified, fully complete profiles - other times they aren't. As my photos are set to Certified only - I haven't enabled a lurker with a private profile, as they won't find what they are looking for anyway.

What I'd like to see a third profile privacy setting, similar to picture settings - viewable by certified members only. Basically, a PRIVATE profile to all but certified members!

People who join just for a lurk will soon find that all they're mostly seeing are the other blank or fake profiles of other lurkers, or those like the OP who are happy to bare all to everyone - as is their right too!

Ultimately, it's all about $. The website owners just want hits - and the easiest way to get them is to encourage as many blank profile voyeurs they can!

This post was edited

It's a vexed topic. I tend to switch my privacy settings on or off from time to time - it all depends on whether I'm getting too many random friend requests from blank accounts.I agree with a couple of the posters so far - the OP needs to clarify whether their beef is with PRIVATE profiles, or BLANK profiles? Some comment sreferring to private profiles make reference to not having any information or photos in their profile - if these were PRIVATE profiles, they couldn't see the profile regardless?Whilst some people have no issue with "baring all" online, and demand everyone else do the same - I wonder how they'd feel about standing on their local nude beach, with 10,000 people hiding in the dunes watching them? Because that's what is happening online!I have full nude pics, with face, on my profile. However, I have the privacy settings set to "Certified Friends Only". Certification is super easy - and is the best way I can see to sort out the TRUE nudists from the creepers.I don't take issue with private profiles - everyone has their reasons. I usually send a friend request just to see what's behind the veil. Quite often they are certified, fully complete profiles - other times they aren't. As my photos are set to Certified only - I haven't enabled a lurker with a private profile, as they won't find what they are looking for anyway.What I'd like to see a third profile privacy setting, similar to picture settings - viewable by certified members only. Basically, a PRIVATE profile to all but certified members!People who join just for a lurk will soon find that all they're mostly seeing are the other blank or fake profiles of other lurkers, or those like the OP who are happy to bare all to everyone - as is their right too!Ultimately, it's all about $. The website owners just want hits - and the easiest way to get them is to encourage as many blank profile voyeurs they can!

If media is the main concern, there is a solution that does not require a change.
Non-certified members only have access to the first 6 media items on a profile.
Fill them with pictures that you don't care who sees, and put any others elsewhere.

This post was edited

Are you willing to pay the salaries of those who will lose their jobs and be blacklisted because of posting full nude photos on the internet? Are you willing to come to a school and explain to administration why children who find such photos and then exchange them and post them all over the internet should just be ignored? Are you willing to come and speak to the parents who are outraged that someone trusted to teach their children is engaging in such society unaccepted behavior?

There is much more to people then just some nude photos on the internet yet so many here have no ability to engage in any kind of chat and only seem to be interested in photos. Endless photos of naked people are boring to real nudists. Some kind of meaningful chat is not.

It is so sad that so many here (not necessarily you) seem to demand all kinds of photos and yet when someone attempts to chat with them, they have absolutely nothing to say.

One of the nastiest abusers in the chat room is both certified and with nude photos. Being certified and also posting nude photos does not make a person a real nudist or even a nice person. That comes from within and is a direct reflection of a person's true character which should be of paramount importance rather then posting a bunch of nude photos for gawkers to stare at.

This post was edited

The private option is important for those who may risk losing their jobs if pics of them get out.

This post was edited

derekwq wrote:I don't understand yes I was laying in the sun and that picture is just a natural pose nothing bad about it so whats the problem with it??

Really? Laying in the sun sounds nice. Laying in the sun with legs wide spread is not a natural position. Having your picture taken whilst laying in the sun with legs wide spread with your genitals front and center and the focus of the picture is what you call "natural pose nothing bad about it"? You have outed yourself as a pervert and solidified my original point.

This post was edited

The topic is controversial to some to me its why are there private profiles on this web site? They constantly go to your profile and view all your photos, leave no likes or comments of any kind. You are blocked to any details of the person/persons. Hey if your a nudist what have you to hide.

This post was edited

There are many factors that have been stated, some over and over. The private options has good uses for it but like anything else, it's abused. I can understand and see that not everyone has the liberty of been themselves for various reasons. How many parents would be happy to find out that their children is been taught by a teacher that post nude pictures. Or the doctor you are seen is posting nude pics. Both are nudists but our society doesn't accept that as an 'acceptable' activity. We as nudist are to hold ourselves accountable for the image we present. I've talked to some who have said they know about nudist but it's all sex. We know we are not, but then do we stop those that are presenting nudism as sex (chat room cams??? ) What do we do, most do nothing, but that is for another post. Private profiles have it's place and I accept that. I took the common sense to change the setting on my pics to different setting, public, friends and certified friends. Total nudes are not for the most part viewable by public. I leave that for mostly certified friends. So private profiles users don't see my nudes. Yes those that do private profiles could do the same but still they are worried about been found out. Now I've accepted private profile FR only find out they have one pic, and it's not even a nude pic. I then de-friend them and send a message that I don't consider then to be nudist without a nudist self pic and it has to be more than two. It's my choice to set that so at least there is less possibility of them faking it with one nude pic taking from the interest. It so happen that I found a pic on a nude search I was doing for a project/ That pic looked way to close to a certified friend I have on here. Yes he had copied a pic from the interent claiming it was him (the pic was on several web sites), so even certified members can still fake their pic on here as there is no requirement to post certification pics. So for that reason, I like to see more than two nude pics or I've seen them on cam in chat. To get rid of the private option would eliminate individuals that can't freely show they nudist for good reason, just because we have an issue we think we have with them. If it's about you don't care to have your pics viewed by individuals you can't view theirs, well learn to live with it or change the setting on your pics or send a short message wishing them well in their journey in nudism and hopefully they will be able to be as open as we are in the future so you can view their nudism. In a lot of cases I receive a friend request in reply with a short note stating why they can't. Some have become to be nice friends. Be accepting.... now go enjoy your nudism! :)

This post was edited

Sorry, but as military officers we WILL lose our careers and MAY face legal prosecution for Conduct Unbecoming Officers and Behavior Counter to Good Order and Discipline in pictures of us nude went public. Do we like being nude? Yes. Will we risk being nude on the beach in these days of Cel phone cameras... yes if not near any military bases. But will we risk pics with faces only even secure between us and Admin in these days of poor internet security? Hell no. Even if we swap pics or cam here or in Skype or wherever you WONT be seeing our faces. If that unacceptable dont friend us.

This post was edited

hahaha... you can ask all you want, the owners aren't going to change the format.

Nowadays, we are in the "we don't care" category. Doesn't matter who knows or sees. When my wife was still working, we were cautious and it was only me on here or any other nudist website. Though we've never had a Private profile, it is limited, even to this day, of who can see our photos.

This place, like other nudist websites, is a path to making real friends and sharing ideas, sharing experiences, sharing information on other nudist places to visit outside our area and our state. It's NEVER been about sharing pictures. You can get more provocative nude pics on the internet if that's what you're here for.

Our profile is Public but our photos are Friends Only and some are Certified Friends Only. You want to see our pictures, get to know us first. That means becoming friends and it takes quite a bit to become friends with us. We check every inquiry or request for friendship and look to see where these potential friend's heads are with relationship to nudism and other aspects of their lives. If there's a fit and a true connection, even though we've not met in person, we'll friend them but it certainly takes a lot of time.

Private profiles are certainly necessary for some but with that comes caution from others. You may not agree or like it but it's reality and this is the internet. Just look at the OP's profile picture. There is definitely reason for caution to become friends with this person, in our opinion.

This post was edited

just block them !!!

This post was edited