Constitutional right to wear or not to wear something

I saw on the news were people were protesting that they had a constitutional right to decide if they wanted to wear a mask when in public.
Are they saying that they also have a constitutional right to not wear clothes when in public! LOL

This topic was edited
RE:Constitutional right to wear or not to wear something

Actually, they don't have a constitutional right. That was determined by SCOTUS in Jacobson v Massachusetts

I saw that too. I believe there are a couple other rulings as well.
Even so, how does wearing a mask violate constitutional rights? If youre not wearing a mask it should be the ones around you that should be complaining, not you. Youre potentially exposing them because youre asymptomatic thus violating their rights.

This post was edited

Actually, they don't have a constitutional right. That was determined by SCOTUS in Jacobson v MassachusettsI saw that too. I believe there are a couple other rulings as well.Even so, how does wearing a mask violate constitutional rights? If youre not wearing a mask it should be the ones around you that should be complaining, not you. Youre potentially exposing them because youre asymptomatic thus violating their rights.

I agree!

This post was edited

It's a bad precedent.

It's up to every person to protect themselves if they wish to do so. If a person is really scared of picking up some virus floating on the wind from some other persons illness, they are obligated to use whatever personal protective gear they feel is necessary to do so. They can wear a full hazardous materials bio-contamination protective suit and gas mask if they wish.

Under the same precedent all manner of crazy stuff could be enforced making life impossible for everyone.

In the mask case. If everyone were compelled to use them, what about those with COPD issues? they can barely breath already and the little restriction of the mask makes them feel like they're suffocating. But on the other hand they are the one's most likely to die from pneumonia.

It's also a bad idea because a mask is not going to stop a virus from passing it, unless it's well impregnated with virus killing substance, and there are many better ways that some people know about for preventing and curing covid diseases. And to them the mask thing is stupid foolishness. Unless yer gonna treat the mask with an essential oil. There are several essential oils that will kill it, certain medicinal herbs will kill it, an electronic frequency of just the right frequency will kill it, all of which the medical industry conveniently ignores because there is zero money to be made in those things. Then even if one does get it, there's a simple hot and cold treatment that will rapidly back off the pneumonia that is the killer, allowing the body's immune system time to kill off the virus and recover. They conveniently ignore that treatment as well, it's too cheap and easy for anyone to do at home. No drugs, immune shots, or expensive procedures involved to feed money into their system. It's controlled from the top, the doctors and nurses in the hospital are kept ignorant of all these things, they'd have to search them out for themselves, but then even if they did they are not allowed to use any of it, because it's not been officially approved. Once in awhile a doctor will discover something that really works, starts using it, but he gets warned, and kicked out of the system if he doesn't stop doing it, no matter how many lives he was saving with it.

This post was edited

I've heard a few similar stories from various places about people complaining how measures to stop the spread of a deadly disease infringe their rights, either by forcing (or strongly recommending) that they do something, or telling them not to do something. Some people just like to find something to shout about though, and often forget that with rights come responsibilities.

This post was edited