Left the clothes behind and ran into a textile!!

Well it finally happened I was on a nude hike yesterday morning in my favorite woods near my home and I had just finished taking some nude pics ( just uploaded one). Then I made my way down one the more remote trails that Ive never seen anybody on. I first left my shirt and pull over behind and off the trail. But I kept my shorts with me for about another 100 yards. But then decided to ditch those two as I got into the more remote part of the trail. This is a pretty wide trail though that a large truck could easily drive down and as I was heading down the trail with only a walking stick, hat on my head and cell phone I looked up and saw a beautiful lady walking a big black dog. At this point I have nothing to cover with it and was about 40 yards from her still so I said Sorry Im a bit of a nudist while covering my man parts parts with my hat. She then began to turn away without saying anything and starting walking back down the trail from where she came at which point I promptly headed back up the trail and put my hat back on. So she probably saw my back side in all my glory for about the hundred yard walk that I took up the trail. But I didnt look back to see if she was watching. I quickly found my shorts and my other clothes and headed to my car just in case she decided to call the police or something. Yikes!! The worst part is now I feel I need to avoid this beautiful hiking area for a while. So did I do something illegal?

This topic was edited
RE:Left the clothes behind and ran into a textile!!

Probably not, if you are in Washington state most likely it's not an issue.

This post was edited

sorry you had that reaction. i had a similar instance a few years ago and wrote about it in my blog called State Park run. fortunately the lady who saw me had a reaction that suggests she didn't feel threatened. whew! i've gone back to that park a few times and ran the trail nude but have never seen anyone else. i suspect if your trail really is that remote, you won't see anyone either. you just had some bad luck.

This post was edited

I dont know where people are getting the idea that its legal to be nude in public in Washington State. Its not and it can result in serious consequences including a requirement to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

This post was edited

While it was probably unwise to leave all your clothes behind in an area where nudism is not normal, but it was stupid to act like you were doing something wrong. Never act guilty, even when you are. Most people dont know the law any better than you do, so if you act normal they might think youre not doing anything wrong, but if you immediately attempt to cover your nudity it is pretty obvious that you are aware that youre doing something wrong.

This post was edited

I remember seeing a video that featured a Seattle Parks official who did say that it is legal to be nude in Seattle parks. I've been to Denny-Blaine which has very little beach area and not much parking. The Lake Washington water was invigorating and I did enjoy several dips.

This post was edited

When I went for a nude hike, I went to a place where I knew I could track the fairly remote trail from a few meters into some mature woodland. I love being outdoors naked, but for me minimising any risk of being spotted makes it a lot more relaxing.

This post was edited

I've found folks in Oregon are way more tolerant of outdoor nudity. Here in WA (where I've lived for the last 19 years), the textiles I've encountered are amongst the most intolerant - except when it involves the Fremont Solstice Parade - which will be canceled in 2020.

This post was edited

The only places where I would act as if I've done nothing is wrong is in places that are legally recognized as nude tolerant, like Rooster Rock park outside of Portland, OR. I typically will remove all clothing once I pass the area where it is recognized as clothing optional. I've encountered textiles on the trail while walking nude and do nothing to hide my nudity. One time I had a textile couple hide from me because the husband wanted to shield his wife from my nudity. They both game me dirty looks, and I returned the favor. They gave me dirty looks back at the parking lot as well, when I was already clothed. And I just said, "What?!" They turned away.

This post was edited

I have hiked naked in Mt Hood National Forest, I keep a sarong outside my day pack to cover my junk if needed. But most people I encounter just say Hi and keep walking. There was a lawsuit in Vancouver WA about a guy mowing the law naked, unfortunately he was found in violation of the law. It is being appealed. There was a similar case in OR that was dismissed and the ruling said unless someone is trying to incite sexual behavior or arouse others it is not illegal to be naked. Heading to Collins Beach tomorrow. Sadly Rooster Rock is still closed but may open soon !

This post was edited

I think you handled the situation well although, with hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea to not take anything with you.

In the UK, being naked is not an offence - in itself. However, if it's proved you caused harassment, alarm or distress to someone then you can indeed be convicted of a Public Order offence. Importantly, it is a defence if you had no reason to believe anyone would be within hearing or sight to be caused alarm or distress and the fact you also took steps to cover yourself with your hat and explain that you were a naturist, this has must help you against any accusations that you were doing anything other than going for a naked stroll.

Of course, the moral of this story is - always wear a hat in public, lol.

This post was edited