Natural Vitamin D for healthy living.

I was contemplating why so many native tribes lived such healthy lives before being being subjected to "civilized" cultures. I wondered If it was more linked to their natural, textile free lifestyle as to why they were virtually free from plagues.
Was being "skyclad" the main reason?
I did a Google search and came across the study below.
It solidified my beliefs that being a nudist is the most natural way to live and why we were never meant to wear clothes.
I hope you all find it an interesting read.
Maybe we shouldn't be to quick to apply all that sun screen!
Live naked, live healthy!
Free Lee

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166406/

This topic was edited
RE:Natural Vitamin D for healthy living.

I have MS and Vitamin D make have an important part in controlling that. Thus it became a good excuse for being naked in the sun. I only take a supplement in the winter.

This post was edited

Primitive natives generally lived outside, naked frequently, and ate natural foods without processing the nutrients out of them. Plus our processed foods, (all of our food pretty much) comes from farms that are growing on the same soil for decades and not adding minerals back on the soil to get nutrient rich products, so the nutrition keeps dwindling. We eat plenty but are not being nourished properly. Li Ching Yuen of China was one example of a man who chose to eat pretty much right. He lived a good 2.5 times longer than the normal lifespan.

I'm setting out to repair the situation for myself, working toward growing all my own food on rich mineralized soil and living/working outside naked a lot in the process. It not an easy thing to get going on in our modern world but I'm determined to do it.

This post was edited

You are by far not the first account Ive heard where getting a reasonable amount of sun has had benefits. If you think about it, no matter your beliefs, the human body was designed to get sun. For Christians, God created the sun and had Adam and Exe naked in the Garden. For those believing its all evolution, well the sun is part of the environment that the human body has had to adapt to deal with.

This post was edited

My thought on this reflects on our evolutionary development. Some time ago, greater than 50,000 years ago we developed into mostly hairless beings. In addition, we added more sweat glands. This appears to have happened to make us more efficient in regulating our body temperature. In fact, when not clothed in moisture retaining fabrics, we are one of the more efficient warm-blooded mammals in dissipating heat (another nudist topic). Why? It appears it allowed us to run our prey to heat exhaustion on the African savannas, as well as providing other advantages. Along with this came adaptions to adjust our skin pigment to the sun intensity. Our bodies also developed a way to produce a nutrient we needed Vitamin D. Because of clothing, we would have many health issues without supplementation in our foods. It plays a key role in bone health and in our immune system. So, Ill go the natural route in getting mine. I know I am getting mine how nature attended it except in the winter. (One can also make the argument that clothing indirectly leads to higher rates of skin cancer - another topic.)

This post was edited

At my next health check, I'm going to ask for a blood work up.Get ready for sticker shock. Most insurances don't cover it, which makes no sense when they are supposedly all about preventative care. I've been dinged $$$ for both D and B-12 (]$100 each).

This post was edited

I get blood work done each year... thank god for insurance. I'm on Medicare and have lifetime medical coverage from my previous employer. I went 9 years without even a cost of living raise just so we could keep that benefit. I'm lucky that whatever Medicare doesn't pick up, my lifetime coverage does. Just had blood work done and some things are good, others not so good. Vitamin D level is great but she still has me take a supplement. I really don't do much sun baking anymore but I am out in the sun almost everyday! It does rain here on rare occasion! ;DDD

This post was edited

In addition, we added more sweat glands. This appears to have happened to make us more efficient in regulating our body temperature.

I believe this is another important part of healthy living along with vitamin D intake.
Our skin is designed to sweat. With it is the ability for our bodies to naturally detoxify. But we don't live naturally anymore. We wash daily with soaps that clog our pores, coat ourselves with sun screen and moisturizers which further seal our skin and prevent it from doing it's job. We seal the outside layer and trap all the toxins inside. Bacteria grows, then makes our sweat smell foul.
I never felt it was a good thing to coat my armpits every day and plug my pores but it prevented body odor so I did it because it was the sociably expected thing to do.
I haven't used deodorant in well over a year now with a few exceptions. I usually visit the sauna once a week for a prolonged sweating session and couple that with a full body scrub at least once a month to open my pores up so my entire body can sweat the way it was intended to.
I've not been able to do it now for 2 months and I can smell the difference. I still don't use any deodorant but need to apply isopropyl alcohol to my armpits every other day to kill the bacteria, which does the job.
Going to the sauna today finally (the local gym is open). I'll have to do my own scrub. Still avoiding the Korean spa for now due to the virus, I shouldn't even need the alcohol after that as long as I get in my sauna time once a week.

My routine: In the sauna as long as I can stand, step out for a cold shower to bring my core temperature down, then return. Repeat this for 2 to 3 hours. After the first hour, lightly scratching your skin will start to make all the dead skin cells crumble off. Then its time for the scrub pad to scrub every inch during the remaining sauna and showering. You will be shocked (even grossed out) at what comes off your skin!
If your entire body doesn't bead up, you may not be done yet. Your skin will look and feel amazing and can properly do it's job to keep you healthy and detoxed and odor free.
I had to edit this as I forgot a very important part, hydrate!
During my session, I usually consume a gallon of water! Crazy? I weigh myself before and after. I usually finish 5 pounds lighter even after drinking approximately 8 pounds of water. 13 pounds of fluid flowing out of my pores on average! That's more than what you use to flush your toilet!
Your digestive system needs to be working properly for a healthy daily detox as well but that's another subject. When they both work well you will feel better, healthier and more energized.
I'm no doctor but I expect it must reduce the risk of cancer to purge all the toxic crap out of your body regularly.
I'm planning on another 40 years at least! My goal, 100+! I still feel like I'm 18 most days!

This post was edited
...It Does A Body Good / RE: Natural Vitamin D for healthy living.

One would have to drink 200 8-oz. glasses of milk to obtain as much vitamin D as skin makes fully exposed to the noonday sun.

The rise in skin cancers over the last 25 years parallels the rise in use of sunscreen lotions, which block vitamin D-producing UVB radiation but not cancer-causing ultraviolet A radiation (UVA). (Newer sunscreen lotions also block out UVA.)
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2007/09/donald-w-miller-jr-md/confused-about-the-amount-of-vitamin-d-you-need/

A better alternative to topical sunscreen is making sure youre getting plenty of antioxidants in your diet from FRESH FRUITS and VEGETABLES. The carotenoid #ASTAXANTHIN is particularly effective as an INTERNAL SUNSCREEN...against UV damage.
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/06/joseph-mercola/live-happy-wild-and-free/

This post was edited