TN member passed away

I just found out that someone on truenudist lost his battle with cancer on February 11, 2019. Unfortunately, he was only 51. His name was Tim Hudgins. He was jedtim1 on here. It was a couples profile he shared with his wife but it appears he was the only one using it. Although we were friends on here, I never had the chance to meet him in person.

This topic was edited
RE:TN member passed away

Yes that's true. I have seen profiles that have been inactive for over ten years. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean the person is deceased but it does make me wonder.

This post was edited

I had a local friend who was a member here, but I was not a "friend" of his on TN. When he passed away, I realized that as a non-friend I had no way to post news of his death to his profile. I messaged one of his TN friends whom I also know, but he didn't want to post the news, so the profile remains up and inactive without explanation.

This post was edited

The thing with TN is its not like Facebook where most of our friends our people we know really well and we would soon find out if one of them died. I would say very few of us have friends on here that would know if we died. Our profile would just sit inactive until the end of time.

This post was edited

It was brought to my attention that George Winlock passed away today (july 20):
https://www.truenudists.com/user/George_in_WV/

Not sure what his condition was, but he had been ill for a while. I had the good fortune of being acquainted with George first meeting him at the '05Eastern Naturist Gathering (ENG) while he still lived here in MA, and stayed in touch with him when he lived at club Avalon in WV and continued contact with him after he moved to Cypress cove in FL. While he lived in MA, he was on the local board of the Naturist Action committee (NAC), which lobbied to maintain nudist/naturist recreation areas in the region. Visited him as recently as this past December, generously offering his place for me to stay a few overnights, a debt I feel I owe the universe should I obtain a place there. He was a gentle soul with a dry sense of humor, and very humble. I feel like a better person for knowing him. I do hope that the people at TrueNudist keep his profile up so others that knew him may leave messages of condolences and thoughts. - John from Boston

This post was edited

John, I am so sad to hear of George's passing. I too knew him from the Eastern Naturists Gathering. I recently heard he was not well. Thanks you for posting.
Littlebare60

This post was edited

I guess there are a few profiles of dead people still in TN. Some profiles have been inactive for many years and some of those profiles belonged to old people who probably are not alive now.

Ooof. That's a morbid thought. Never crossed my mind until now. Pure speculation, but even if you take out age as a factor, people die for all kinds of reasons. Especially now with a pandemic.

Maybe TN could take a page from Hatebook and add a "Remembering" or what have you to profiles of the deceased.

This post was edited

I had a local friend who was a member here, but I was not a "friend" of his on TN. When he passed away, I realized that as a non-friend I had no way to post news of his death to his profile. I messaged one of his TN friends whom I also know, but he didn't want to post the news, so the profile remains up and inactive without explanation.You actually dont need to make it public but just send a private email or message to the administrators of the site. They might consider remove their profiles.
But the way this site works, if a profile is removed every thread that person started disappears.
If this quirk could be corrected I would be more supportive of this.

This post was edited