Walking Trails

Does anyone know of safe walking/hiking trails near Pensacola and areas to the west? I visit Lillian regularly and have been to Johnson Beach more than once. But I would like to find a trail or two where I can walk, say in the woods and not be bothered. I'll be down next month for an entire month and hate to think of being naked only in my travel trailer, I need fresh air and sunshine on my skin.

This topic was edited
RE:Walking Trails

There are some trails at ntl seashore on bay side that i frequently hike nude.

This post was edited

I went to Johnson Beach today. At the last parking spot I walked about halfway to the end of the road and went to the Big Lagoon side. When I got to the beach I stripped down and stayed that way for over an hour. I walked up and down the beach as well as sat and watched the boats. I think I'll try it again next week with my umbrella and chair.

This post was edited

I know this comes a little late, but there is a place that sounds exactly like what you're looking for. Tarkiln Bayou State Park is just south of 98, on Bauer Road. Bauer is the last major road off 98 before you get to the Alabama line, and Lillian.

There are several trails at Tarkiln, which is on the west side of Bauer. What most people don't know is that there is also a trail on the east side of Bauer, just across from the entrance/exit of Tarkiln Bayou.

The trail is called Wet Prairie Trail and is pristine, several miles in length, with wide and open pathways, and absolutely deserted. It's a great place to get naked and enjoy the hike. I just did it today.

This post was edited

So everyone will know, you have to park in the main lot on the west side of Bauer Rd and walk across the road to Wet Prairie Trail. The State of Florida charges a $3.00 fee to park. You can ignore the sign that says 'No unauthorized entry', as this is only for vehicles. If the gate is closed, you can pretty will bet that you'll be the only one on the trail. If it's open, it means someone from the State is there, so use caution.

This post was edited

You can also walk from the last parking area past the turn-around to the G or F marker on the Gulf side and you'll find other like minded folks enjoying the sun. The park rangers haven't been active, but you should still be vigilant and also cover up when others are approaching.

JB is sort of hot and cold when it comes to enforcement, and it's been on a cold streak this year. A couple of years ago, it was definitely a different story. We were out there last week, and never saw any rangers or State wildlife activity.

If the wind is northerly, DO NOT go to the gulf side, as the deer flies will get a lot of your blood before you finally give up and run screaming for your vehicle. Likewise, if the winds are southerly, the inland side will produce the same deer fly results. If you haven't experienced Johnson Beach deer flies, they will be something you won't forget.

This post was edited

I know this comes a little late, but there is a place that sounds exactly like what you're looking for. Tarkiln Bayou State Park is just south of 98, on Bauer Road. Bauer is the last major road off 98 before you get to the Alabama line, and Lillian.There are several trails at Tarkiln, which is on the west side of Bauer. What most people don't know is that there is also a trail on the east side of Bauer, just across from the entrance/exit of Tarkiln Bayou.The trail is called Wet Prairie Trail and is pristine, several miles in length, with wide and open pathways, and absolutely deserted. It's a great place to get naked and enjoy the hike. I just did it today.
Hey, i know exactly where you are talking about. Ive done tarklin nude too. We should get together gor a nude hike there. Lrt me know when uou r free.

This post was edited

I've never done walking trails because I'm scare I'd get caught, but wouldn't mind trying it with a few others, so let me know if interested. I was told about some walking trails by the Garson Point Bridge that he said was really nice.

On that note, I also have a boat I like to go nude on whether fishing or just going to our Neked Spot between Pcola Beach and Navarre Bch which is definitely more fun with other like minded people.

This post was edited

Across the panhandle is Northwest Florida Water management areas that have great trails that are used infrequently. Maybe only during hunting season. Great walking trails, it's possible see wildlife and spot and identify Florida plants. If no vehicles at locked gate your almost assured not to see anyone. Almost every county has areas. Great solitude walks.

This post was edited

Had no idea there were these places to try. Hope to get out more and venture off from my little solo spot.

This post was edited