RE:camping nude in a nonnude campground

Wife and I went to a nude beach in California,there was quite a few people still clothed.we were walking nude along the beach and passed 2 women who had their bikinis on.they acted surprised when they saw us and we said this is a nude beach you know.all they said was ok.on our return walk they both were naked.and enjoying it.

This post was edited

has anyone tried this?

One, it's ok in your tent or a trailer or anywhere no one can see you. If strangers can run across you, that's non consentual and for state and federal and municipal properties likely a bylaw or legal infraction. I hate to be saying this because nudity should be accepted and seen as normal and wholesome. But there are serious implications here. On a private lot, if you have the owner's permission (not a chain and from a manager), there is nothing they can do because it's private property and a complaint would be a while getting in and back with cops.

Your best bet is a nude campground. Or wear a sarong or something in public. The other option is wild camping where you grab a little island in a lake after a long canoe paddle and stake it as yours. The rule is no one will try to land and camp on an island that is already occupied and no one cares much in the wilderness IF you see another soul at all.

This post was edited

Kind of. Went camping with 2 friends a few years ago. We were naked in the tent together, but that was it.

This post was edited

I have. Not sur e of your area, but here there a lot of campgrounds (MN). I would usually try to find a campsite on the end of the campground and then park my car sideways in front, then I had a bigger tent then needed, but I would put it up to block the side of the site. Now, I would have a fairly private spot facing the lake to enjoy. It's very exciting to do it at a public campground. My wife and I had found a campground that had a spot at the bottom of hill completely separate from the rest of the campground, we spent four days there naked. That time we didn't even hide when the occasional fishermen would come by.

This post was edited

I'll chime in and add to the list of folks who have been discreetly nude at a non-nude campground. A couple of times, I have been with a group that has rented out a group tent site in a state park. Often those are fairly separate from the cabin/motorhome/RV sections and casual nudity is pretty easy without offending anyone. Other times we have rented sites in the "primitive" area, which is also usually some distance from the denser areas. After dark, I'm often naked at the campfire, with a pair of shorts handy if I need them.

I also naked hike some. I never want to offend, and have shorts handy, but have been surprised once or twice, but no one has ever raised a fuss. The typical reaction is just a smile. I'd say that folks who like the outdoors are generally a "live and let live" bunch.

This post was edited

Here in California, nudity is illegal in Bureau of Land Management and National Forest Service areas, and frowned on in other places, so discretion is needed. I did a campout last summer in BLM land in what they call "dispersed camping" where you go deep into the woods. The upside is that you're not likely to meet anybody, the downside is that there are no approved water sources or toilets, so you have to bring your own facilities.

I got to spend two days naked with a friend. We couldn't light a fire, because of the restrictions due to the wildfire crisis.

Shortly after, they closed that whole area to dispersed camping due to the wildfire danger ... not so much that we campers were lighting fires, but that there might be no way of getting us out if the area was on fire. Now that the rainy season is arriving, those bans will be lifted. But the weather will not be amenable to nude camping.

The only time I've been nude in a non-nude campground was very late at night, when I'd go to the restroom and back. I figured that if anybody caught me, I'd plead that nature was calling more loudly than usual, and I had no time to dress. But so far, I haven't had to use that excuse.

This post was edited

my campsite, my fire, I had a big blanket. Patrols were to deter people from exploring a waterfall on the opposite side of the road in complete darkness. no swimming was severely enforced especially at night Local LEO's were not interested in being naked as long as you were responsibly courteous about it if there were minors around.

This post was edited

When camping I am pretty much nude in my tent all the time, except for summer when the rain fly is off the tent. But I will throw on a robe if I have to head to restroom or showers. I am not there to expose myself but no sense in putting on extra clothes that you are just going to take off when you get there.

Stay Naked!

This post was edited

Not so much camping nude, but not dressing until necessary after sleeping nude. I went camping with a nude friendly buddy who gets up earlier than I do. He took it upon himself to make breakfast, and woke me up to "get your nekkid a$$ out here and have some coffee!" Needless to say I put on shoes out of necessity then strolled outside to enjoy some coffee carrying only a blanket, also out of necessity. I needed cover if anyone happened by, but they didn't. The scene more or less repeated itself again the next day too.

We both had an incredible weekend doing absolutely nothing. I have a crazy feeling we will be doing this again, hopefully soon.

Edit: while we didn't need it this trip, I think my 10x10 EZ-up canopy with side curtains would go a long way toward increasing campsite privacy.

This post was edited

What do you do about those critters that LOVE open available flesh of all kinds - ie, those pesky mosquitoes! They are not too bad during the day, but come evening time, they are out to "kill"!

This post was edited