RE: Green vehicle

Update December 2017: I was travelling now from Kyrgyzstan through Kazakhstan to China, crossed China from West to East and went to South Korea. Here I cycled from North to South and ended in Busan. First I wanted to go to Japan, but the Ferry didn't want to take my vehicle and then I was trying to ship it to South East Asia, but everywhere was another reason why it's not possible. After two month of searching I found the last solution and now it will be shipped to Hong Kong. Since the start I've done 22'000km so far and I hope to go on more. So to say: the system works - not forever, but until now it is.

This post was edited

Update October 2018: There was a bit of troubles and I couldn't go back to China and further on to South East Asia. So I shipped my solar powered Trike to Australia and rebuilt the trailer again. In about less than 3 month I travelled from Darwin to Perth, about 5000km. From here I will continue to Adelaide and Melbourne - I hope to be there for the WNBR. I'm still on the road!!!

This post was edited

Update March 2019: Arrived in Melbourne just in time to take part in the WNBR. That will be fun!! I have to sort out things, as my vehicle is now about 4 years old and have some serious issues with the electronics. I will travel to Tasmania and then cycle to Canberra and Sydney.

This post was edited

Update January 2020.
Oh, I have seen, that I didn't update for a long time. So I was at WNBR in Melbourne. That was big fun!! A coverage of that on YouTube: WNBR Melbourne Well, my vehicle had to have new Solar panels, which I mounted in Melbourne. Then the ride to Canberra and Sydney was a kind of frosty in the winter. From Sydney I shipped my trike to Auckland, New Zealand, where I did the Northland loop and had to replace my Mid-Drive Motor. Then it was certainly better over the many hills. :-) Criss-crossing over the North Island to Taupo and New Plymouth brought me down to Wellington. On the South Island I went to Golden Bay and stayed in Takaka at Gazebo Backpackers, a clothing optional Backpackers with a genious host. He has a lot of information and that's why I was stuck in Takaka, by doing a lot of his tips. One was a very exhausting hike over three days - all nude! Afterwards I did some other hikes (clothed) and went along the east coast down to Christchurch.
To be continued...

This post was edited

Update June 2020
Well, my trip went from Christchurch down to Bluff and back. Due to Covid and all the travel restrictions I was locked down in Christchurch. How and when this trip can be continued is uncertain.

This post was edited
RE:Green vehicle

Update August 2022
Well, the Pandemic set a break of my trip for an uncertain time. In September 2020 I returned from New Zealand back to Switzerland. The Trike remained in New Zealand and wait for me to come back for the continuing Trip. When this will be is still uncertain. I guess not before April 2024. But in the meantime I can earn some money for the next leg of the trip, doing some Multimedia-Shows about the trip and work on my book about this trip (the German version is already available, the English version is on the way). The next leg of this trip will start in Vancouver, Canada.
I'll post further updates.

This post was edited
RE:Green vehicle

Update July 2023:
I'm still waiting to continue on my trip. Unfortunately I had to do a surgery in March 2023 (hernia) and after 4 month everything broke again. So, I have to have another surgery done. I guess that will postpone my restart of my trip for another year.
Will update when I know more.

This post was edited