Moreno Valley M

I will be in Moreno Valley Thursday may 28. I am going to hike the M trail after hours for some free hiking time. I will be leaving from the church trail about 630 pm for the walk. For me, I will park in the residential to preclude issues. Others are welcome to join.
Listed on all trails.

This topic was edited
RE:Moreno Valley M

How was the hike?

This post was edited
RE:Moreno Valley M

I went. I conquered. I saw 3 hikers on the trail going out as I started. So the first half mile was shorts and shoes. After they were clear so was my mid section. Still sunny and warm at 90 f. Leisurely walk untill close to the top when I saw 3 more hikers coming down. Courtesy cover till they passed and out of sight. Clear the rest of the way. You also pass transmitter sites at the top. I counted 5 cameras easily seen. If really noticed it would take more than 30 minutes to respond and police don't have keys to pass their gates. So more time. The M is about 50 feet tall. Maybe more. Painted white and lit up at night. Easily seen from a large area. If someone looked they may have seen a tan spot on the left side for a while. Of course took a few pictures and a 360 degree video from the top. The walk back down was as dark fell. Still able to see the trails ok. But I now know not to trust the dog to choose trail. We took a side spur by her choice. City lights looked nice. I did pull out a slip and slide. Twice. Pay attention to the trail. Did see a few animals along the way. When I returned to the road. I had to cover to go to the car. Problem! Shorts missing! I parked in the neighborhood as the parking lot closes at 6 pm. Last check was over a mile back. Now backtracking for bonus walking. Entrance drive from street, parking area, now the trail. Over a half mile from my notice point, they were waiting for me. Now back again. This time I knew I had them to cover when I arrived at the street.

This post was edited