Single Male Nudists

Im recently divorced and trying new things. One of which is my curiosity with trying nudism. Ive been wanting to try a nude campground, Cedar Trails, but Im somewhat intimidated of trying this alone as a single male with the fear of how Id be perceived - creeper. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice? Would most people be welcoming or ignore me? I want to socialize without being a creep. Just curious what others have experienced as Ive never been to one before. Again, any tips for newbies would also be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE:Single Male Nudists

Ive been to several nude clubs as a single guy. I havent been to Cedar Trails, although its not too far from my home. I believe they dont discriminate against single guys, but you really should call first.

When visiting a nude club if I can I always bring my dog along because he sort of breaks the ice with other people. Hes very friendly, and Im quite reserved. Many people will approach us and want to pet the dog, which gives me an opportunity to interact with them in a friendly open manner.

If Im alone I try not to be aloof, but I think its wise to be somewhat reserved, but friendly to anyone you interact with. Most people will generally pay very little attention to you, but if you say hello that might start a conversation. It is very much like other social situations. Act like you do when youre dressed.

This post was edited

I am a divorced single guy and I was in the same position about 10 yrs ago, I would first join AANR which helps establish you are wanting to be serious, I would take a good book, enjoy yourself and be friendly without being overly social, Cedar Trails is a nice place and has friendly people.

This post was edited

Thanks for all the awesome comments so far. Very encouraging to hear. Another question - are there ways of connecting with other single nudists, or couples for that matter, who are not looking for a hookup but want to enjoy the social aspects with other nudists? I dont mind trying a few camp outs alone but it sure would seem more fulfilling to experience this and connect with others.

This post was edited

Once again, think about how you would connect to people with clothes on. Itll be exactly the same.

This post was edited

Ask the camp grounds if single males are accepted.If so. Go, be nice, get out and walk around.Think of it just like a clothed camp ground..

This is good advice will add as you walk around don't gawk or work your way into conversations pick your moment and be real - and remember to look people in the eye when you talk to them
Thanks my advice as a single guy with a membership at a nudist resort

This post was edited

Once again, think about how you would connect to people with clothes on. Itll be exactly the same.

Yep not rocket science

This post was edited

Check if there is a male only club in your area, it would solve your problem.

This post was edited

Sounds like an opportunity to get some guys together to start up a club.

This post was edited

The general thought is, if campgrounds allow too many single men then it will discourage couples.

If very few couples or zero are attending then it will turn into a male only club and then the single men will stop going.

Catch 22.

So if you cant convince a partner to go with you, thats not the fault of the club its your problem.

This post was edited

The general thought is, if campgrounds allow too many single men then it will discourage couples.Thanks for the explanation. It does make sense, after a fashion. Can anybody who runs one of these campgrounds or resort chime in here? I'd be interesting in knowing if that's a real issue or just a perceived one. It occurs to me that it might have been a real issue once upon a time, before nudism became more common.And I had to chuckle at what you said next:If very few couples or zero are attending then it will turn into a male only club and then the single men will stop going.It reminds me of what Casey Stengel was supposed to have said about Coney Island: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."I think that what you meant was "...and then the couples (or women) will stop going."So if you cant convince a partner to go with you, thats not the fault of the club its your problem.The next time the occasion arises, I'll give a shout-out to my local group and see if anybody's willing to go with me, then.

No I meant exactly what I said. Single men would stop going if it turned into a male only club.

On previous threads on this subject many men have stated they would not attend a club if there were no females.

This post was edited