Sun tanning questions

Hi all,

Im sure there are going to be many right answers but Im wondering what others in our group think. First is a tanning lotion or a tanning oil better for nudists? The next question is what name brand do people like the most. Currently Im using a tanning oil from Sun Bum and Im enjoying it and I have not burned, lol. Looking forward to the responses.

Thanks

This topic was edited
RE:Sun tanning questions

Everyone is different I think. But health experts say err on the side off screen not oil or lotion and they suggest spf 30 or about to reduce risk of skin cancer. But ultimately each person has to make the choice that is best for them. Some use spf 50 others use spf 8

This post was edited

Everyone is different I think. But health experts say err on the side off screen not oil or lotion and they suggest spf 30 or about to reduce risk of skin cancer. But ultimately each person has to make the choice that is best for them. Some use spf 50 others use spf 8

I agree!
Be sure to cover all exposed areas. I have had 3 skin cancer surgeries. They have all been successful.

This post was edited

Why go out into the sun only to fight it with chemical goop? Find a beach with some shade.

This post was edited

What an outdoor nudist needs is a good sun block, not a tanning lotion or oil. Those products went out of style 30 years ago for good reason. I always use an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 50 or more. I add more throughout the day as I sweat it off. Developing a nice, safe tan is best done a little at a time over the course of the summer.

This post was edited

What an outdoor nudist needs is a good sun block, not a tanning lotion or oil. Those products went out of style 30 years ago for good reason. I always use an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 50 or more. I add more throughout the day as I sweat it off. Developing a nice, safe tan is best done a little at a time over the course of the summer.

Totally agree but I use 30spf or higher. As for a brand I use whatever I have on hand or is on sale unless it has reviews of not working.

This post was edited

I certainly wont recommend that everyone does what I do, because many are much more susceptible to skin cancer than I seem to be, but I never use anything. Very early in the spring when we have a relatively warm sunny day I sit out on my deck sans clothing, and over a few weeks I acquire a dark tan, which protects me through the summer. Ive been doing this for many years. My dermatologist complains about my resistance to sun block use, but she always says my skin looks great and that I should keep doing what I do. Your mileage might vary.

This post was edited

I got some experience. You nshouldn't use oil unless your skin os very ujsed to the sun. If sensitive or you haven't been that much in the sun, use a lot of protection.
I use almond and cocunutoil but Ive been in the sun a lot and must confess I want to get as tanned as possible. I have only one very small spot which isn't all tanned.

This post was edited

I want to thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the input on this topic.

This post was edited

I Very early in the spring when we have a relatively warm sunny day I sit out on my deck sans clothing, and over a few weeks I acquire a dark tan, which protects me through the summer.

This is one of the best ways to go about it without a much worry. In the earlier part of the year, when it is warm enough to expose your skin to the sun is the BEST time to start working on your tan, as the sun is not as strong as it is by say, June. Most folks seem to want to wait until the summer season is well underway before they start tanning. By then the suns rays are more intense than they are in March or April and can cause sunburn in less time. It's too late this year to take advantage of this advise, but keep it in mind for the beginning of next year. Start sooner getting your tan on, before the sun gets stronger.

This post was edited

The research I've read says that those who get more sun, actually get significantly less of the deadly type of skin cancer, and many of those who do get it, it doesn't seem to be related to sun exposure. So it sounds like we can forget all the hype about too much sun causing skin cancer. (besides bloodroot salve will kill it) I use nothing, just start getting some exposure in spring and by the time the sun is hot enough to do any burn i'm well enough tanned so it can't.

This post was edited