RE:The Great Nudist Controversy: Nudism vs sexuality!

Following your understanding of the tenants of naturism/nudism, how do you, StevieLorna and Homeclothesfree, honor your sexuality? This is a great question. I want to respond thoughtfully because I appreciate not only the question but way in which is was asked and the interest in doing critical inquiry it seems to reflect. Nonetheless I dont believe this thread is the best place to respond. So maybe you might start another or I will do so to respond.

Thanks for being open to my question Homeclothesfree! I've tried to share views about my sexuality/sexual energy in this and other threads and see that I'm blocked from contacting you. For me it's the VULNERABILITY of living the questions instead of the answers is where real growth happens. It takes a village to raise a child! And if we consider ourselves as beginners in the world of sexualiy and spirit as I do, it takes community to move beyond fear-based patterns. I know I'm not alone in that and look forward to your continued insight shared as you feel safe. Good luck!

This post was edited

Isn't nudism about freedom? So what's really free about denying everything sexual? Of course there are a lot of people that are misusing nudism for the wrong reasons, but I don't feel really free if you consider sexuality as "the topic that can't be spoken about". Sexuality is part of life, nudist life or not.

It's a shame however that some people seem to use it as the only reason to be naked and maybe scare other people away with their actions. But I think that a lot of people are really awkward about their sexuality anyway, with or without clothes. Too bad, becaus if you get rid of taboos, you'll get much nicer and more open conversations.

This post was edited

Nice hypothetical, in your 4 years...... how many have you walked past?

How many have you walked past ?

Did you report them or let them get on with it ? Noting that they are hidden away, not on full public view.

Please ENLIGHTEN us as to what you did or said to them ! I really would like to know the answer to this.

This post was edited

Following your understanding of the tenants of naturism/nudism, how do you, StevieLorna and Homeclothesfree, honor your sexuality? And how does your sexuality in turn become a gift to the nudist community today and for the future? I'm interested in your insight and hope you feel comfortable to be a bit vulnerable please. In other words, we don't need to agree to believe in one another, and it's all good.This is a great question. I want to respond thoughtfully because I appreciate not only the question but way in which is was asked and the interest in doing critical inquiry it seems to reflect.Nonetheless I dont believe this thread is the best place to respond. So maybe you might start another or I will do so to respond.

Hell, you really don't like being put on the spot do you ? If you have something to say, say it on here, as this IS the place to voice your OPINION.

This post was edited

Isn't nudism about freedom? So what's really free about denying everything sexual? Of course there are a lot of people that are misusing nudism for the wrong reasons, but I don't feel really free if you consider sexuality as "the topic that can't be spoken about". Sexuality is part of life, nudist life or not.It's a shame however that some people seem to use it as the only reason to be naked and maybe scare other people away with their actions. But I think that a lot of people are really awkward about their sexuality anyway, with or without clothes. Too bad, becaus if you get rid of taboos, you'll get much nicer and more open conversations.

Damn great response, I applaud you on the openness and truthfulness of what you say. You are right in what you say, these things that make us who we are are not Taboo, they grant us to be ourselves, naked or clothed.

And yes, so many people on here have no idea that either of their spouses might be hiding the fact that they are Bisexual or Bi-Curious for one, or that either might actually be gay, transgender, transexual etc, all because they are hiding it ! Be open and honest with yourselves and others that you trust, as the young many says "get rid of the taboo's, you'll get a much nicer and open conversation".

This post was edited

Thanks for being open to my question Homeclothesfree! I've tried to share views about my sexuality/sexual energy in this and other threads and see that I'm blocked from contacting you. For me it's the VULNERABILITY of living the questions instead of the answers is where real growth happens. It takes a village to raise a child! And if we consider ourselves as beginners in the world of sexualiy and spirit as I do, it takes community to move beyond fear-based patterns. I know I'm not alone in that and look forward to your continued insight shared as you feel safe. Good luck!

It isnt hard to be open when you pose a question in a thoughtful way. Furthermore since you were clear in the question I wanted to give it the thoughtFullness and respect that it deserved and not act like I was put on the spot and fire something thoughtless. Thanks for understanding that some of us have a life outside of post questions in the site forum. It has been a busy work week and today I was busy at my trailer at the naturist venue where I am a member. Lots to do fixing up from a late season start due to the virus. I will take a look at the block I didnt think I had blocked otherwise I would not have suggested you message. Please know there was no intention to embarrass you.

I will respond to you directly or by starting another thread as soon as I have time to think about your question and give the kind of thoughtful response it deserves. Take care look forward to the future conversation.

This post was edited

I have been sitting on the sidelines on this discussion and most likely will remain so as I can see why there are different viewpoints on this and the discussion has been quite good. I appalled all of those that have been I. On this as it is probably the best discussion on nudism and sexuality without it either sinking into the gutter or name calling that I have seen.

Thank you, to me even though sex is part of the topic which usually leads discussions Into the gutter etc., this one raises the bar of TN for civility and thoughtful discussion.

This post was edited

I have been sitting on the sidelines on this discussion and most likely will remain so as I can see why there are different viewpoints on this and the discussion has been quite good. I appalled all of those that have been I. On this as it is probably the best discussion on nudism and sexuality without it either sinking into the gutter or name calling that I have seen.Thank you, to me even though sex is part of the topic which usually leads discussions Into the gutter etc., this one raises the bar of TN for civility and thoughtful discussion.

Should "appalled" be "applaud"?

This post was edited

Every time I check on the progression of this thread, I am amazed and humbled by the truthfulness, insightfulness and openness of those who are contributing.

Truth be told, as the OP I hoped for the best but expected the worst!

With the exception of a few, the contributing posts have been practical, sensible and informative. A mostly civil dialog at a much higher intellectual caliber than most.

As Em implies, we all have our drivers that brought us here. For me, it was a psychologically abusive, narcissistic work environment. A turning point in my life which redirected me to a life of freedom. Free to be ME!

Through that change, it took me on a road to challenge many things I believed in life. Did I believe them because I thought they were the truth or did I believe them because someone told me they were the truth. Some previous opinions I've had in the past have changed substantially.

Whether we are being "honest with ourselves" is the catalyst for this post. I hope it encourages people to take a step back and analyze what they believe and why!

Thank you to all of you who are contributing.

This post was edited

Hey, you're all beautiful :)

This post was edited