RE:Getting caught driving nude.

I was caught once driving nude. I was in my van stopped at traffic lights and didn't notice a girl about 25 on her bike, riding up beside me. She looked in the window as she got level with me, and saw it all. She was shocked for a moment then gave me a huge grin and a wink. Just then the lights changed and she rode down the side road where i couldn't follow her. She definitely wasn't offended or upset though!

This post was edited

She definitely wasn't offended or upset though!
That is the usual reaction of most people (except possibly in USA).

This post was edited

She definitely wasn't offended or upset though!That is the usual reaction of most people (except possibly in USA).

I would agree that there is a strong likelihood that someone could be offended in the USA.
Will have to defer to those of you who live elsewhere that most people there would not be.

This post was edited

I would agree that there is a strong likelihood that someone could be offended in the USA.Will have to defer to those of you who live elsewhere that most people there would not be.

Indeed. I was reading one of those Am I The A**hole posts on Reddit. The poster was a young lady who had been at a party where she described everyone as drunk and high. Most if not all of the women had taken off their tops as the night went on, and most of the men, their pants. A friend of the poster who normally takes candid pictures at gatherings did so then, as the poster tells it, of just the women. The poster and other women asked him to delete the pictures, as nudes getting out would ruin their jobs. It struck me as a bit sad that they felt that mere nudity off the clock would lead to professional ruin. But, its just another sign of how US culture sees nudity as inherently sexual and perverse.

/end rant

This post was edited

Sort of caught. I passed through the Border Patrol Check at Blythe, coming from Arizona. Some how, I must have been more visible than I realized; the female agent smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Maybe the have mirrors that show the inside of the car.

This post was edited

The poster and other women asked him to delete the pictures, as nudes getting out would ruin their jobs. It struck me as a bit sad that they felt that mere nudity off the clock would lead to professional ruin. But, its just another sign of how US culture sees nudity as inherently sexual and perverse.

Unfortunately it's not just the USA. I am a naturist, live as a naturist and often drive as a naturist. However I go to great lengths to make sure "work" don't know. It would be frowned upon by upper management at the very least. I hate to think what would happen if they knew I regularly drove their company car naked.

Many of my colleagues are also prudish, with one even going "ewe" when I mentioned taking my shirt off on the beach

This post was edited

The poster and other women asked him to delete the pictures, as nudes getting out would ruin their jobs. It struck me as a bit sad that they felt that mere nudity off the clock would lead to professional ruin. But, its just another sign of how US culture sees nudity as inherently sexual and perverse.Unfortunately it's not just the USA. I am a naturist, live as a naturist and often drive as a naturist. However I go to great lengths to make sure "work" don't know. It would be frowned upon by upper management at the very least. I hate to think what would happen if they knew I regularly drove their company car naked.Many of my colleagues are also prudish, with one even going "ewe" when I mentioned taking my shirt off on the beach

Surprising because from what I read on the board, public nudity is generally legal in the UK

This post was edited

Surprising because from what I read on the board, public nudity is generally legal in the UK

Legal yes, socially accepted - varies quite a lot, but there are some real prudes around.

You could walk through a busy shopping mall and it would be totally legal. That does not mean that people would accept it. You would almost certainly get arrested, either on a public order or sexual offense, neither of which you would technically be guilty of provided behaved yourself.

In UK law, very simply if it's legal dressed, it's legal naked.

By sticking to less populated or more relaxed environments we are successfully able to be naked in public. I have been (pre-lock down) one of 15 naked men walking as a group through Sherwood Forest. A very pleasant day and we met about 7 different parties of textiles, mainly couples or two men, without a single negative reaction.

I have driven naked almost daily for the last 3 years and regularly before that. However, I don't consider that as public nudity as I've only ever been seen once that I know of. I just got a smile and a thumbs up

This post was edited

I've never been stopped but I've had the same experience. I have a sunroof and been seen from both sides. It's odd that men get a weird look on they're face and women laugh and wave.

This post was edited

. It would be frowned upon by upper management at the very least. I hate to think what would happen if they knew I regularly drove their company car naked.

Ehhh... that's where I draw the line. Work is work, play is play. Unless my work involved being nude (such as when I was a figure drawing model), I wouldn't take my clothes off on the clock. And my aversion to clothes is such that, if I possibly can, I change into short shorts for the trip home from work -- especially if I need to go anywhere else on the way.

This post was edited