're locating to spain

Hi all I'm looking for ideas as my wife has past away I'm looking to 're locate to spain any ideas where I could get something for about 60000 for me and 2 dogs

This topic was edited
RE:'re locating to spain

Te obvious thing is to look at Spanish real estate web sites and see what there is and where. Google translate will help a lot.

This post was edited

First thing: unless you move in the next few months in order to establish 3 months residence (full time) before the end of December, then you will be moving as a "third country national" as which there are very different rules than when we were in the EU. The biggest hurdle (because most are not really a problem) is proving an income that is sufficient to support you there. I'm not sure of the exact figure, but you have to be able to show at least around 24000 pa income plus have private health care in place. The income requirement can sometimes be offset against the amount of capital you can prove you have in bank accounts, and if you own rather than rent a property. You will need to use the services of a "Gestor" to deal with the officialdom and bureaucracy for you - not expensive but a cost to be covered initially.
I don't mean to put you off, but Brexit has made my dream of a retirement to warmer climes more complex, and similar for many people I expect.

This post was edited

I might be your neighbor some day. I visited Portugal in early March this year and was very much charmed by the people and the countryside and climate. I was as far north as home is here in Indiana USA but there spring was about 6 weeks further along. And they had palm trees which means it never gets as cold as it does here. Portugal got added to my short list of places I would consider ex-patting to. Uruguay , a small little slice of Europe tucked away in subtropical S. America and Cambodia are also on the list.

This post was edited

Someone on another board retired to the Canary Islands. I believe he said that it was relatively inexpensive. He said that while the primary language is Spanish, many of the residents spoke some English. He also found that nudity was often accepted in places that were not officially clothing optional, including some shops and the outdoor portion of some cafes and taverns. Some of the clothing optional resorts allowed people who were not staying there to dine in their restaurants. He also said that a simple wrap was often enough cover, and on the rare occasions he had to be fully dressed, he wore a kilt. The last time he posted, it had been over 2 years since he wore shorts or slacks and had gotten rid of all but one pair or each. Since Canary in the name of the islands refers to dogs, not birds, yours should feel right at home.

This post was edited